Why (or why not) to vote for Hillary Clinton

She! :princess:

I did not know that.

It is great to read the comments of intelligent, influential and assertive women, like Chgoliz. Three more reasons—Why (** *** ***) to vote for Hillary Clinton.

Thanks for the information.

And not gaining any ground according to current polls. Of course, any extrapolation from July polls to November is about as reliable as a thirty-day weather forecast.

What needs to addressed on this thread right the hell now is not a ‘why’ question but ‘how’. (Paging @khepra!) As in, ‘How do we secure the confidence of those inclined to vote Clinton and mobilize those people to do so?’

I don’t care about _‘why’_s anymore. Anyone who disagrees with this needs to face themselves in the mirror and say ‘President Trump’ until blood starts coming out of their eyes.

6 Likes

Or wherever…

6 Likes

OK Snowlark, let’s go!

Nothing has ever been easy for a woman in America and it won’t be easy for Hillary Clinton to become the 45th President of the United States of America. Republicans and democrats who oppose Hillary have thrown and continue to throw the kitchen sink at her. Despite this fact Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton will win the presidency in the November general election.

Presidential polls this far out (July) from the general election, are important in some respects, but are not a reliable predictor or indication of who will win the 2016 presidential general election. Leading in the polls in mid to late October are far important.

Any fair and reliable poll will have many of the same ethnic demographics of the recent Gravis Marketing Poll. In this Gravis poll African-Americans accounted for 13% of the respondents, Hispanic/Latino 10%, Asian 3% and other 2%. In this poll democrats accounted for 40% of respondents, republicans 33% and independents 27%. This is close to the ethnic and political party percentages that voted in 2012.

http://www.oann.com/pollnational/

Party
Democrats 38%
Republicans 32%
Independents 29%

Women 53%

What the Gravis polls underestimated and does not take into account–is the xenophobia, racism and bigotry espoused by Donald Trump. The percentage of African-Americans, Hispanic/Latino-Americans, Asian-Americans , Arab-Americans and others, wil be higher in the 2016 general election, over 30% for sure.

The U.S. electorate this year will be the country’s most racially and ethnically diverse ever. Nearly one-in-three eligible voters on Election Day (31%) will be Hispanic, black, Asian or another racial or ethnic minority, up from 29% in 2012. Much of this change is due to strong growth among Hispanic eligible voters, in particular U.S.-born youth.

http://www.brookings.edu/research/papers/2013/05/10-election-2012-minority-voter-turnout-frey

…What this tells me is that turnout will be less important for Democratic victory as demography changes in their favor, though they must maintain their strong voting margins among blacks, Hispanics and Asians. For Republicans, the latter projections show that they cannot count primarily on white support to take the White House. Even assuming high 2004 turnout rates and 2012 Republican voting margins for whites, they cannot win unless they also peel off more votes among minorities. In this regard, demography indeed becomes destiny…

Politics are local and that includes states. The minority vote was the key for Hillary winning many states in route to winning the democratic presidential nomination. The minority vote in many states with large minority voting electorates, will be the key for Hillary winning the fall general election.

Probably the biggest win for Bernie Sanders during the democratic presidential nomination contest was his surprising and big win in Michigan. The pollsters including 538 were wrong regarding who would win Michigan. No one considered the impact, the large Arab-American electorate would have on the outcome of the Michigan democratic primary.

Bernie Sanders position on Benjamin Netanyahu, the importance of a Palestinian State and concerns for the Palestinian people, resonated with the Arab-American community in Michigan-- which helped tilt the Michigan primary into a victory for Bernie. Pollsters underestimated and discounted the importance of the Arab-American electorate in Michigan.

Bernie Sanders’s upset in the Michigan primary Tuesday can be attributed, in part, to a strong showing in Dearborn, Michigan, which has the largest concentration of Arab Americans in the nation. Sanders won almost 60 percent of the vote there, besting rival Hillary Clinton…

This general election is going to be impacted by the minority vote like no other general election in American history. Minorities are more optimistic about America and view the country in a more favorable way than republicans and people who do not support Hillary Clinton.

Including women, men, college educated adults, the LGBTQ community, college students etc…Hillary Clinton will win her share of the white vote. Donald Trump however will not win any significant share of the overall minority vote, a electorate he has alienated with his racist and bigoted rhetoric.

There is a reason why republicans in states across America, are engaged in widespread voter repression and suppression–they know from history, that if there is a large voter turnout they cannot win. Voter registration and voter participation is the key to victory for democrats in 2016.

Democrats are engaged in massive voter registration and get out the vote drives all across America. This grassroots work will be the difference in the 2016 general election.

Virginia is a important swing state. Hillary selected Tim Kaine former mayor, governor and current U.S. Senator from Virginia as her VP running mate. Then there is the following:

“I will expeditiously sign nearly 13,000 individual orders to restore the fundamental rights of the citizens who have had their rights restored and registered to vote,” he said. “And I will continue to sign orders until I have completed restoration for all 200,000 Virginians.”

Even Utah is interesting. Mitt Romney is no fan of Trump. There are a lot of Mormons in Utah. Both Romney and U.S. Democratic Senate Minority Leader, Harry Reid are Mormons.

The Clinton campaign said the poll shows that, even in Utah, voters are turned off by the GOP nominee.

“This is just the latest sign that Americans of all political stripes just aren’t buying what Donald Trump is selling and agree he is unfit and unqualified to be president,” said Clinton spokeswoman Lily Adams. “From his career of scamming Americans to his divisive and racist rhetoric, Utahns can’t afford Donald Trump’s America.”

Grassroots work, not worry is the order and state of the Hillary Clinton campaign at this point in her quest to win the 2016 presidential election. Trump may get a bounce after his convention–however in the end it will be Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton who will become the 45th President of the United States.

Love Trumps Hate

Clinton-Kaine in 2016 :scream:

1 Like

Word. Now, in the most concrete terms possible, what can we be doing now to make this happen? I tried googling for local Get-Out-The-Vote (GOTV) initiatives but couldn’t find anything outside Hilary’s official presidential campaign website.

What’s the GOTV strategy at this point for ensuring a Clinton/Kaine win in November?

2 Likes

I first heard “Love Trumps Hate” at a Bernie Sanders rally.

1 Like

No need to look for a local GOTV office or initiative. Just check with your local Board of Elections (in person, on-line or over the phone). They can give you directions about voting, registering to vote and helping others register to vote. There are strict rules regarding what you can and cannot do–what you can and cannot say.

The more people voting, engaging in grassroots voter registration and helping others register to vote the better.

Check with your local Board of Elections first.

1 Like

A single apostrophe in the right place and you pretty much have the summary of the RNC (and the contemporary Republican party in general).

10 Likes

Avoiding the issue with comments like that? You must have political aspirations yourself.

6 Likes

Given the copypasta in place of actual dialogue along with everything else, it trips my creepy-ass-o-meter something fierce.

6 Likes

You are right, shows the positive influence Bernie Sanders has had on the Hillary Clinton campaign.

Just heard that DWS is now history after the DNC. She should have excited before; instead I just heard she will appear on stage tomorrow, that will be interesting.

2 Likes

Just FYI, your comment to @ChuckV gave me a notification that you responded to me. @codinghorror, is there a glitch? Thanks!

3 Likes

Weird. Nothing showing on the edit pane and no other reply window open at that time. Glitch in the matirx?

2 Likes

It has to be because I don’t think I’ve replied in this thread (or if I did, it’s been many weeks). I do read it and give likes…?

2 Likes

@ActionAbe’s created a much-needed, action-focused continuation of this discussion. Those of you eager to get real, get into it, get involved—come on over.

3 Likes

Fuck me, could you be any more patronizing?

7 Likes

She could, but that would mean going off her script, and she doesn’t seem capable of that.

4 Likes

Why (** *** ***) to vote for Hillary Clinton

Time to make “Herstory” :girl:

Nicely said:

If we do not have serious social change it is likely the Trumps of the world will just keep coming right out of the social conditions the Clintons of the world have created.

10 Likes

Why or why not to vote for Hillary Clinton: ‘Because now you don’t have any fucking choice’

Not really a ringing endorsement.

10 Likes