Why we openly hate our cords

Cordless chords

3 Likes

I remember the GE World of Tomorrow from when I was a kid. When they entered the modern age, there were cords everywhere! It was absurd, and I think intentionally so. These cords are bizarre mess and fire hazards that don’t make us modern at all.

Mortal coils, the original wireless.

3 Likes

Well, if you insist…

7 Likes

IMG_2421

4 Likes

If you want to understand my personal relationship with cords, simply follow these instructions:

1. Sit down.
  2. Put on a pair of fancy headphones.
  3. Place your foot firmly on the cord.
  4. Stand up.
  5. Repeat process for 30 years.

If bluetooth headphones didn’t make percussion sound like the Johnny Mnemonic’s compost pile, I would have dozens of them.

9 Likes

Give me a physical network cable over wireless as I rather have the speed and stability.

I would rather have headphones with a cord over bluetooth with all it’s charging problems and shitty sound.

Yes they can annoying but the trade offs are just horrible at this point in time.

That being said I’m not so keen on the umbilical cord from my Oculus rift but at least the video is stable and the damn thing works.

Call me when they sort of the wireless protocols that can handle the airwaves being saturated.

Being in IT for decades I have rarely seen wireless gear that didn’t flake out at some point.

Radio can be weird and problematic on a good day and I would rather have all the bandwidth my router can put out. (Which is quite a lot at the moment)

5 Likes

Just make up your minds, guys.

3 Likes

I wanted to make a Jomon pottery joke here, but, eh.

Yeah, but then we have to hear from people who think we “overpay” for “a fashion accessory.”

Agreed, but I’d still like a completely wireless Cintiq to go with the laptop.

Probably not ever going to happen though.

Is inductive charging ever going to not suck?

1 Like

I think we need to explode this thread. Where’s the cordite? (I hope no one recorded my saying that.)

But with only three cords one can plait just about any popular music from the past 60 years. It’s not called the three cord trick for nothing, ask Status Quo.

(There’s also a joke/pun about a chord apple in here somewhere but it needs too much work to extract and refine and it’s past my bedtime.)

And if you ever find yourself unable to find any wires at all, try this.

This!

Wifi frequencies are saturated where I live, CAT 6 is always going to be faster and more reliable.

2 Likes

Except when CAT 1 or DOG 1 chews through it.

1 Like

VRRRT VRRRRT VRRRRT

(For the bot that won’t let me post, this is onomatopoeia for the sound of walking in cords!)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.