Wigs for cats (and for jars of Fluff)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/15/i-came-into-a-bunch-of-wigs-fo.html

8 Likes

I’m on board for wig shenanigans, if you wanna send me one for product testing… :thinking:

7 Likes

“We don’t need wigs, we have enough hair”

17 Likes

That’s what sh—-

Wait, what?

4 Likes

I think you mean, “The Rob”.

7 Likes

Wigs for pussycats… these would be purrkins then?

23 Likes

Total props for the merkin reference!

9 Likes

Damn. I thought this was about wigs made from cats.

4 Likes

That’s a pelt my good sir

3 Likes

Wait, what? The wigs are really made for cats? Or are they doll wigs that have been repurposed for cats? (If so, why?)

Boggled. (Also old. That may be why I’m boggling.)

1 Like

…if that ever becomes a thing, I’ll regret every hairball and used pet roller I’ve thrown away. :crying_cat_face:

3 Likes

I can see that pic of the bewigged kitty being used in a major ad campaign for perfumes.

2 Likes

All kidding aside, I thought “merkin” was the name for a cannon mop (and not for anything else).

BTW: Online dictionary states that “merkin” is probably a variant of “malkin”, with “malkin” being (amongst other things) another word for “cat”. So… a merkin on a malkin?

2 Likes

Right back atcha- TIL that merkin could mean cannon swab as well as pubic wig. If I kind of squint at it, I can kind of see how the cannon swab meaning might have evolved from the original usage.

I’ll let you connect those dots for yourself.

1 Like

Touché… !!

2 Likes

You see wigs for dolls, I see wigs for cats and Fluff.

5 Likes

Those are shorthair cats; to kick it up a notch, you really need longhair ones. You could knit a new kitten weekly out of what ours leave around.

2 Likes

They shed enough in my apartment thank you.
The one on the right is a near dead ringer for the one in the article

I have generic looking cats.

2 Likes

My furballs might consider those fancy snacks. Would look great on the orange one with a big ruff
It drives me nuts when they try to eat the ball of fur I just brushed off them.

2 Likes

I note with some disappointment this article’s title has since been changed.

2 Likes