Wikipedia has mounds and mounds of breast-shaped hills

Originally published at: Wikipedia has mounds and mounds of breast-shaped hills | Boing Boing

6 Likes

No mention of the Grand Tetons?

16 Likes

I was going to mention the same thing. Plus, unless I am missing it, no link to the titular article itself…

7 Likes

Indeed not

12 Likes

also notable:
hyrulethennow_02_old

5 Likes

images (2)

Mima Mounds

2 Likes

:notes: Oh, bury me not, on the lone prairie… :musical_note:

5 Likes

OK, this is man-made, but let us not forget the Tacoma Tit.

3 Likes

Utah has nipples. Specifically, there’s a Mollie’s Nipple near Payson, another near Hurricane, and at least one more in Capitol Reef National Park, on the older maps from the '90s anyway. Good old Mollie… I don’t know if she suffered from polymastia, but it seems she must have been widely known, anyhow.

1 Like

"I like big buttes and I cannot lie.
You other geologists can’t deny
When a hill springs up with an itty-bitty peak
And a slope that’s steep; you feel weak!"

A British guy that I knew used to live near a place called Six Mile Bottom. He was a classicist, so he said that he used to refer to it as “Ars Longa” (as in the phrase ‘ars longa vita brevis’).

4 Likes

This reminds me of a couple buildings at my alma mater, an engineering college in northern Michigan.

The Mechanical Engineering building was a ~12 story tall brick building that flared out at the top floors and a small greenhouse (complete with rounded fan at the top) next to it.

The of course mostly male campus immediately dubbed them the “Brick Dick and the Glass Tit”.

1 Like

I took a trip to Iceland in June and we went on a boat ride outside of Stykkishólmur on the Snæfellsnes peninsula. The tour guide pointed out a troll who landed on her back when she was caught in the sunlight and turned to stone.

2 Likes

The Cis-Het American Male Gaze strikes yet again.

SMH

6 Likes

Don’t lesbians love boobs too? I thought everyone loved boobs.

2 Likes

I’d like to read it, so keep me abreast of the situation if that changes. Otherwise this is kind of a bust.

5 Likes

Strikes Wikipedia hard. Especially considering all the articles the wiki-hive axes because they are not “noteworthy enough”…

You are really milking this for all it’s worth, aren’t you?

1 Like

Best to nip these puns in the bud.

1 Like

I hope wiki has an article for most tautological opening sentences.

“A breast-shaped hill is a hill in the shape of a breast.”

3 Likes

Can’t leave out the Uncanoonuc Mountains in New Hampshire: