Wild design for incredible infinity pool that takes up entire roof of skyscraper

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/10/wild-design-for-incredible-inf.html

4 Likes

No thank you. I don’t want to suffer from acrophobia while swimming.

18 Likes

This reminds me of the Sims games where you can build a pool and take the ladder out once your people hop in.

22 Likes

Other advanced technical features include a built-in anemometer to monitor the wind speed.

Seriously?

7 Likes

That pool is going to cost a fortune to heat, as it will be feckin’ freezin’ up there. Late stage Capitalism, eh? When will it ever end?

13 Likes

The guy on Reddit that said “That’s not a 360° view, it’s a square!!” didn’t approve.

28 Likes

Looking at that mocked up image nearly gave me a panic attack. Talk about a setting for a horror movie.

20 Likes

Where does the lightning rod go?

29 Likes

I would suggest not watching “The Mechanic 2”; not just because it features an assassination involving a skyscraper pool, but, also, because it isn’t a very good film.

17 Likes
21 Likes

That is a harsh but accurate review.

7 Likes

This is the union of all things terrible to me. Nowhere to set anything down, no way to get a break from the water without leaving the site, nowhere to rest… a sheer drop all around you. Yikes, no thanks, I’d literally rather sit in a tub of wolf spiders for real.

16 Likes

Dude!, blur that mental image!

6 Likes

22 Likes

9 minutes in you find out that people don’t have to be air lifted in and out of the pool.

9 Likes

When the pool’s a rock’n don’t come knock’n.

17 Likes

The people are the lightening rods.

26 Likes

The 18th century they had guillotines, in the 21st we have Sims pool traps.

6 Likes

Yes. That and all I would think of is the unlikely even that the glass breaks and you just flow off the top to your death.

GAH!!! Why did I think about that again??!?!

14 Likes

I’d like a drown with a view, please.

3 Likes