Will 80s hairstyles make a resurgence?

For some folks, they already have come back.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Well, I’d settle for some of that, but it would first need some rekeratinisation.

1 Like

londo molari???

7 Likes

ZOMG I was just going to post this same comment!

1 Like

Reminds me of Japanese bosozoku yankee style. What the hell is they?

2 Likes

Hie thee to the video store or internets and get Leningrad Cowboys Go America now.

6 Likes

Yes please*:

No thanks:

*Apparently this hairstyle is not big enough for some current fans.

5 Likes

you clearly never came to the UK around 5 years ago. 80s fashion was literally everywhere

I live in a university town, and now the kids have moved on to the 90’s. The other day I walked past a guy with the exact same hair my little brother used to have in '96. My brother thought he looked cool then as well. They were both wrong.

4 Likes

There was a whole hipster fashion thing in the UK a few years ago with people going back to the Victorians and Edwardians for their look and some actually doing the whole no electricity thing.

I’m never quite sure what to make of them.

It’s a short step from nostalgia for politeness and nice tweed suits to gunboat diplomacy and get out Johnny foreigner.

this one?

more usually in fact looking like this:

…only with much worse skin.

this one?

or this one?

There were only those three. Whichever it was, you were right.

2 Likes

What’s stopping you?

4 Likes

The dude from The Vapours nailed the 2012 zeitgeist in 1980 better than I ever managed to in 2012.

I’m quite fond of knowingly goofy haircuts, but I can’t see Jimbob from Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine’s 'do ever coming close to making a resurgance. Cracking tunes, tho.

Maybe not now, but in a few hundred years maybe:

(there’s some cracking hair styles in The Expanse overall)

Pretty much yeah. Man he looked like an idiot :wink:

2 Likes

I thought that was the one. I only included the others for historical accuracy.

Everyone had that one. And they all looked like idiots. Even David Beckham.

Will 80s hairstyles make a resurgence?

Only if you start growing now, or it’ll be time for 90s hairstyles before it’s long enough.

I’ll confess, I used my fair share of hair product.

I saw a public transit bus last week advertising some 90’s thing. What’s odd is that i’ve seen 90’s themed stuff for quite a few years now but it seems that a flip switched within the last month or two where it’s really become a thing. Having grown up during the 90’s this current fad puzzles me, i guess i don’t understand why people who didn’t grow up during that time would be all that fascinated by it… it just seems so normal to me :stuck_out_tongue:

is that nick cave?