Wine hacks to make your weekend even better

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/10/07/wine-hacks-to-make-your-weeken.html

Put a popsicle in my wine? Drink better wine is the real solution.

12 Likes

Hack #1: Have some wine.

15 Likes

I hacked an entire bottle last night and it turned into beef bourguignon.

10 Likes

Pretty much the only hack you need

7 Likes

Wine pops?

18 Likes

Hack #2: if it is both delicious and cheap, keep schtum. you don’t want your supply to dry up.

5 Likes

I saw this article and thought to myself 'gods be damned, either I post this Gif or someone else does."

6 Likes

It’s the only logical gif to post for this topic!

5 Likes

What is this “leftover wine” of which she speaks?

9 Likes

Discovering that show was the best thing about Netflix suddenly blocking VPNs. Those were lean days in darkest Canuckistan.

4 Likes

Now I know how @jlw feels. I searched for images of ice sculptures made of wine and the internet let me down.

3 Likes

Hack #3 - Retrain your palate and wine will always be cheap, plentiful and tasty.

0:38 in that vid? Never an issue.

4 Likes

7 Likes

My wine tips:

(1) Buy boxed wine, the spout is on the bottom so it doesn’t oxidize, you can open a box and have a glass every night for a couple of weeks and the wine won’t go bad. Trader Joes has a couple of good boxed wines.

(2) Got low-quality (cheap) red wine? Make kalimotxo. I prefer pepsi max, do not experiment with dr pepper.

3 Likes

Yeah, but how do you get Steam for windows to work?

5 Likes

<Boooooooo!/>

1 Like

Hack #4: if you opener has a lever, use it.

2 Likes

My friend calls that ‘survival wine’. When I asked him why, he just raised the bag that he’d been suckling on over his head, dropped it on the floor, and said, ‘Disaster-proof’.

2 Likes

Got cheap wine and want to improve the flavor? Add a splash of brandy, some fruit juice, and either sliced or frozen fruit. Ta dah, sangria.

My parents’ wine of choice growing up was cheap jug wine from the supermarket, so I don’t exactly have refined tastes in the stuff.

3 Likes