Winning greyhound tests positive for meth

We had a greyhound as well – sweetest pup there ever was. Did not have the focus for racing and flunked out of greyhound school at 14 months, thus spared the worst of a greyhounds life.

But that running around - that’s so typical. For them that was fun. Sure, tug of war was good, squeaky toys were good, but she really loved a chance to run. It wouldn’t last much more than 10 minutes and she was totally winded, but she just loved the speed. If you threw a ball she would chase it down, pick it up, and start charging back - ball would fly out of her mouth and she’d just keep “what ball” goin…

5 Likes

9 Likes

Beat me to it, but…

4 Likes

Know your labs:

12 Likes

I love when the grayhounds show up to the dog park and I get a sprint-by… Such a terrifically fast animal, propelled faster and faster apparently by a child like sheer joy of speed. Paws thundering, large stretches of ground consumed effortlessly as this blistering fast animal blasts past me within a couple of feet. The whole park watches in awe.

4 speed record setting laps later and the dog is basically done and ready to go home lol!

1 Like

Been a topic of conversation here a few times. My boy was a pup when lockdown started so he’s ruined for life! I’m trying to get him used to people and other dogs but us being gone all day will be a big change. Fortunately we should be able to minimise it with some WFH and the younger child finishes school early.

1 Like

While we’re sharing pics of our greys

The local adoption group has been shifting towards adopting out Irish greys, and other sighthounds from Africa and Asia

That’s not true at all. Some may not be suitable for homes with cats due to an overactive prey drive, and I wouldn’t recommend using one to guard a henhouse, but they all make great pets. Tracks and trainers have been using any excuse to not adopt out dogs, but it’s pure propaganda.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.