Wireless Gramophone yours for $3000

[Read the post]

Design is hard. I’m sure it’s worth every penny, but it does kind of look like a robot sheep made from a giant remembrance day poppy and a cheap kitchen unit.

1 Like

Every piece of fifties furniture I have lived with had legs that were splayed out at a slight angle. It makes a big difference on the nostalgia trigger effect.

4 Likes

It’s not really a gramophone, is it? It’s just a cosmetic imitation. For three grand, I expect a needle.

2 Likes

Christ, what a bunch of… ah, never mind.

1 Like

I was thinking the same, i haven’t looked at it closer beyond what BB posted. Maybe it plays vinyl but thus far it just seems like a speaker horn/enclosure.

This actually coincides with a design i’ve been pondering on. Having a 3D printed or lasercut faux gramophone to have some nice patterns and cutouts on it, more as a visual design than a functional design. Too bad i lack the skills for 3D modeling and printing ]:

But it’s featured in Vogue Magazine! It must be good!

3 Likes

O snap, I missed that part.

I want to draw peppa pig on the pink one.

1 Like

The 50s sideboard my girlfriend just got has straight legs. But. But, it has a trompe l’oeil mirrored cupboard for glasses that spins round to reveal a drinks cabinet.

This sort of thing appears regularly in chumboxes. MOST EXPENSIVE SPEAKERS EVAR! Obviously I don’t have any first hand experience.

Cessaro Omega, apparently. Very Seussian.

1 Like

And the other.

“possibly the most precocious piece of audio equipment one could spend $3000 on”

FTFY.

Although those wooden block things in @beschizza’s generator are probably more pre(co)cious.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.