Wisconsin house-flipping Mom shares the 'Welcome to Poundtown' sign's origin story

Originally published at: Wisconsin house-flipping Mom shares the 'Welcome to Poundtown' sign's origin story | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Meh, I’m not offended. Different strokes different folks, etc.

11 Likes

12 Likes

“Hobby Lobby”. I’m offended

33 Likes

Yeah, the most offensive aspect of the story is shopping at Hobby Lobby. Evil.

14 Likes

anyone who goes to hobby lobby doesn’t deserve one iota of our attention.

3 Likes

The Poundtown sign, ironically, is the only thing that has an ounce of personality. Everything else looks like a catalog. I know, some of it is dressing it up to sell the house, but it is just so utterly devoid of any thing that makes it look like people live there… :confused:

6 Likes

House flipping is offensive and parasitic. This is about as cute as a personal injury lawyer having a clever billboard.

10 Likes

If you are like many, many people on the internet you have already seen the listing for a house that is over-adorned with cute sayings signs, including one that says “Welcome to Poundtown” over a bed.

I am not like many, many people on the internet (apparently).

9 Likes

Have Cricut, will travel!

1 Like

Probably not an entire ounce.

1 Like

There’s a lot of poo-pooing the listing price, but for a house that big on over an acre, it’s a steal. Whomever buys it will have cash to spare to remove the hella tacky signs. It’s a lovely area of Wisconsin, not super far from the Twin Cities. And bonus, when you do drive to the Twin Cities, you go through SPARTAh!!11!!. [There’s a sign on I-94 for an exit that will take you there. And I absolutely shout it like that every time I drive by it…I am easily amused.]

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.