"Banksy of Rae Dunn" droplifts pro-birth control products in Hobby Lobby

Originally published at: "Banksy of Rae Dunn" droplifts pro-birth control products in Hobby Lobby | Boing Boing

17 Likes

Live. Laugh. Subvert.

40 Likes

23 Likes

I’ve always wondered how people manage to do that. Do you just walk in the door carrying stuff in an old Montgomery Wards bag and just openly put stuff on the shelves? Does someone have to come with you to raise a stink and distract the managers while you do Mischief stuff?

6 Likes

Like Obvious Plant, but with an agenda.

20 Likes

It’s pretty easy to enter a store with large bags.
It’s only possibly awkward if you are trying to leave.

7 Likes

Having been to be exactly one hobby lobby.

I don’t see how it’s an arts and crafts store. Or where the “hobby” in the name comes from.

They seem to exclusively sell discount home furnishings and heinous decorative objects.

8 Likes

Grocery and big box stores have a lot of staff from wholesalers wandering around. Placing orders and stocking shit on shelves.

You could rob these places blind with magic catch phrase “I’m a vendor”

8 Likes

In yet another sign I’m out of touch, I had to Google what the sign “in this house we…” was all about. So that’s a couple new things I know now.

2 Likes

Great work!

Also, I think Rae Dunn would be proud to have inspired this.

5 Likes

Roughly the back half is filled with beading, scrapbooking, paints (including airbrushes!), models, little science kits (ironic!!), unfinished wood products, fabric, “plant foam” & other such “crafty” bits.

The front for sure seems to have furniture & finished Nick-knacks.

(My wife use to shop there before we found out how foul the company is)

8 Likes

Are we sure Jeff Wysaski is not actually Sean Tejaratchi?

The obtuseness and confusion conveyed by the name emanates from the owner.

3 Likes

She did a video on how she does it. She just pushes a cart in the store with her products (bagged) in it.

5 Likes

I can’t imagine I’d ever be able to get away with that, but I’d probably also act incredibly guilty/suspicious the whole time…

2 Likes

Some of us are kind of stuck for art supply stores. There’s a Blick in San Diego, and some independent stores, but San Diego, so hella expensive.

4 Likes

Wallet can’t afford Blick’s.
Soul can’t afford Hobby Lobby.
WTF are you going to do?

5 Likes

Finish out my studio (safely away from the cats) and mix my own pigments that I buy in bulk?

7 Likes

Michael’s, JoAnns.

depending on hobbies)

1 Like