With no bridge, girls zipline across a river, on a scooter

So was this BYOScooter or is the scooter part of the whole setup?

So, in this case; the safety factor is a negative number? :sweat_smile:

I have more than 350,000 road miles on a motorcycle and some of these rural Asian girls are incredible riders that are absolutely fearless - I am in awe of them.

perhaps she took off the helmet so the girl behind her could see better?

1 Like

…the ground rushing toward her. Makes sense. :wink:

Or, even if it can, any sort of disturbance could easily cause one of the loops to slip off. Then, down goes passenger #1, who is hit by passenger #2, who are both hit by the 75lb scooter, which (falling from 15 feet) is traveling at 20mph when it hits them.

I have only done a zip line twice in the PH. The first time was from one mountain top to another. The harness was set up for you to go head first and belly down like superman flying. The starting point was not very high, maybe 30 feet up but as you zipped forward the ground dropped away rapidly. Ends up that there was a ravine between the two mountains with a river with wild rapids a mile or so down below. It was beautiful and my anxiety only reared up once and some deep breaths put that monster back into my head. There was then a second zip line back, so I guess I have zipped 3 times. Sadly I was so nervous ahead of time of time that I got the recording on my go pro backwards. I recorded before and after accidentally, and so when it was my turn and I thought I was turning it on, I actually stopped the recording that was accidentally going already. I was so sad when I realized what I had done.

The second zip was the one I mentioned above and the harness was a seat hanging down from the clippy things. If I didn’t have a heavy back pack on it would have been the most chill ride ever. I did manage to shoot some video despite having to hold on for my life.

I’m still terrified of heights but at least now I know I can do it.

Yeah… I might not be up for that yet. Baby steps (off the precipice)

1 Like

I don’t have a motorbike license but on Palau Langkawi in Malaysia you can rent a bike (125cc, inertial clutch, what we in Australia call a postie bike) with any sort of of drivers license. So I am a bit unsure on those roads and local high school girls would tear past giving me a hell of a shock. They love stirring the tourists.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.