With "OK boomer," millennials are killing intergenerational resentment

Alrightee-o bummer.

Credit-schmedit; I’m anachronistic.

7 Likes

But… but… the Beatles were like the greatest band ever!

(Not according to me though.)

Seriously, it’s like Boomer music is held up as the gold standard in pop music. We make way more fuss about 60s and 70s music today than we made about 30s music when I was a kid.

I guess that’s why they call 30s kids the… Silent Generation :sunglasses:

I don’t know if the Millennials and Gen Z’s have better music than us. I honestly can’t tell. Some of it’s alright, but most of it I need explained to me. But I’m not sure if that’s because the music sucks or because I’m old, or both.

Yeah, I can do without the credit, if it also means doing without the hate.

4 Likes

Here late but first thing the topic made me think of…

But, yeah, f### oligarchs too

20 Likes

I’m a working poor Black woman in America; being hated is something I’m used to.

16 Likes

Either that or perform a leveraged buyout, saddle down TikTok with debt and pay ourselves huge salaries by selling off assets.

That’ll teach 'em.

2 Likes

I don’t hate you. HUGGGGGG

13 Likes

You know, whatever, nevermind.

5 Likes

21 Likes

ok

6 Likes

The correct answer is “no.”

• Star Trek fans
16 Likes

It’s basically identity politics applied to age. So it’s not much different from other identity-centered approaches: It’s great for highlighting how power is allocated based on an arbitrary characteristic. It’s good for quickly gathering a lot of people who are likely to have a shared stake. It’s perfect for creating a graspable narrative around a conflict which helps people to choose a side and relate to it personally.

But it’s also inherently a kind of caricature, which misses obvious truths and flattens complexities. Sometimes it’s the right poetic device, and it feels like now is one of those times. But we obviously shouldn’t mistake it for reality.

10 Likes

200px-TROS_Boomer

3 Likes

BB article that talks about avoiding generational generalizations and age-ism, posts this almost right after:

5 Likes

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/EsteemedObeseCat-size_restricted.gif

5 Likes

Fixed etc.
Some of them were fighting for the environment, equality, unions, etc. before 1980. Just not enough to overcome the inertia of the world.

5 Likes

Um…

Why are you talking to yourself, yo?

I may not care about your opinion, but there are plenty of other folks here who probably wouldn’t mind chatting you up…

6 Likes

Well your punctuation sucks, so…Compare “OK, Boomer” with “OK Boomer”

Just gong to leave this here…

6 Likes