Woman drunkenly threatened to ‘stab everyone’ on flight to D.C., say prosecutors

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/25/woman-drunkenly-threatened-to.html

2 Likes

Gawd we’ve all been there

8 Likes

Alcohol is the worst recreational drug.

16 Likes

“What’s the point of living?” she is recorded as saying.

She’ll be saying that a lot when she’s sober and in the slammer.

9 Likes

A half-empty liter bottle of Absolut vodka was found in her purse.

Oh girl, we’ve all had days like that.

8 Likes

“A half-empty liter bottle of Absolut vodka was found in her purse.“

So pessimistic. I prefer to see the bottle as half full. :wink:

In all seriousness, this sounds shitty and sad all around. Not sure why this warrants a news story.

6 Likes

She threw a coin at the bulkhead?

3 Likes

Stab everyone with what, exactly? A plastic fork? TSA already confiscated anything remotely dangerous, along with quite a few things that are not.

4 Likes

And since all flights are always overbooked these days, some poor sap had to sit next to her for the whole flight.

8 Likes

Aw that’s nothing; last Thursday someone on the metro told me he was going to “Eat my family, bitch”

9 Likes

Theatre of Security and Assaultings did what? Tack this onto the list of things showing how truly effective they are.

3 Likes

How did she get the bottle of vodka past security? Asking for a friend.

6 Likes

Duty Free shops are on the “secure” side of “security.”

& @jdaniel30

5 Likes

You can make all kinds of stabby weapons from stuff that you can find at the airport stores.

4 Likes

Social skills also help. My wife, who is quite gregarious, was once made to mail home the multi-tool the TSA dude found in her purse. However, the ensuing discussion about where he came from and his southern accent &tc. completely distracted him from inspecting the numerous sharp objects in her cosmetics bag.

4 Likes

Okay.

I still stand by my assessment of the TSA.

4 Likes

Of course. That assertion still stands with merit. :slight_smile: Note my liberal use of scare quotes when it comes to “secure” and “security.”

2 Likes

He almost got lucky.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.