Woman made a slo-mo getaway on stolen lawnmower, wanted by police

Originally published at: Woman made a slo-mo getaway on stolen lawnmower, wanted by police | Boing Boing

2 Likes

She probably watched this movie…

15 Likes

Awesome movie.

10 Likes

I’m imagining the soundtrack to the security video:

15 Likes

Easiest way to identify her is look for the one person in town that is wearing a mask. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

13 Likes

Yes. I watched it a long time ago late night in TV. The characters, they are so lovely real and relatable. Mr. Straight was so stubborn and yet sweety that made me want to meet him. Sissy Spacek’s performance as Rose Straight made me cry when she was looking at the kid playing in the sidewalk.

Very good movie indeed. It is not a feel good movie or even a mellow one. It tells a good story and make us think about what are we doing with our lives.

I can only imagine the cops trying to stop her like the security guards from Austin Powers.

9 Likes

You beat me to it…

straight-story-mower

8 Likes

Obligatory:

EDIT: meant to add, George Jones did it first, and he even got to make a video about it later.

1 Like

“Oh, no! It’s K-k-k-k-k-Ken! He’s coming to k-k-k-kill me!!”

11 Likes

:musical_note: Oh Susanna, don’t you cry for me
I’ve come from Alabama with a banjo on my knee
Riding a lawnmower
Towing a cart of stolen stuff
Amazing nobody’s caught me yet… :musical_note:

4 Likes

…last seen “wearing possible apple bottom jeans, looks like slides with no fur”

WTF?

4 Likes

Obligs:

“Nah na, nah na, nah na, n-nah na!”

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s a song reference. (Most likely “Low” by Flo Rida, but I’m more familiar with a different version: )

3 Likes

A crime of opportunity.

2 Likes

Did the cops instead go to the mill and get some apple cider?

2 Likes

In that part of the country I suspect that lawn mowers are used for various modes of transportation.

She got the whole town looking for her.

She wanna mow, next thing you know, shorty got away slow slow slow slow slow slow slow slow.

2 Likes

Usually it’s men doing stuff like that. She broke through the lawnmower glass ceiling.

Now, remake The Italian Job with lawnmowers.

2 Likes

Probably a bit too classy but ‘chefs kiss’ perfect!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.