Woman nearly impaled by a spear thrown through her car's windshield (video)

Originally published at: Woman nearly impaled by a spear thrown through her car's windshield (video) | Boing Boing

4 Likes

“Thrown?”

12 Likes

I would be absolutely lying if I said I’ve never fantasized about doing this to someone cutting into a backed up exit from the breakdown lane. But that’s why I don’t keep a spear in the car (and the hatchet is in the trunk under the strollers.)

10 Likes

If you ban atlatls, only criminals will have atlatls!

20 Likes

Her “I was not expecting that” is a masterpiece of understated unflappability.

21 Likes
  1. Someone ordered that thing from the Bud K catalog, and by god, they were going to use. it.

2. This makes more sense if you watch the news clip.

“You shattered my window and rattled my nerves,
I heard a loud crash, and stared to swerve.
It didn’t kill, but what a bill,
Goodness gracious, spear missed my tire!”

12 Likes

“I was not expecting that spear. I had ordered a banana cream pie which what I was expecting…”

7 Likes

I hope that they can pull some fingerprints off that thing. People who do this kind of shit usually escalate.

13 Likes

Uncle Buck, is that you?
uncle_buck_hatchet

10 Likes

Remember, never throw it at people or animals…

Pass Down Assassins Creed GIF by Xbox

4 Likes

Could have used a different verb than “chucked”. One that isn’t as racially charged.

13 Likes

Yes, for sure.

9 Likes

Was that a Toyota Corolla? How would you even cook and eat that thing even if you’d successfully killed it? 0_o

7 Likes

Or a gun.

2 Likes

Throw in some Corn!

2 Likes

“Yote”?

3 Likes

Came here to say this.

5 Likes

Mix that in with the “jungle” reference from the clip and I find myself gritting my teeth. Considering spears have been used by every culture on the planet, I think both the newscasters and the headline could have used better terms. The victim was wearing a Triskeles in a heart icon; why not throw in some Celtic references?

12 Likes

Exactly.

6 Likes

I think it’s “yeet.”

4 Likes