Woman who tried to kill her lookalike with poison cheesecake sentenced to 21 years, swears at judge (video)

Originally published at: Woman who tried to kill her lookalike with poison cheesecake sentenced to 21 years, swears at judge (video) | Boing Boing

2 Likes

She seems nice.

13 Likes

Does this mean this nice lady (/sarcasm) will be deported to mother Russia?

4 Likes

Will she serve her sentence in the US and then be deported? From her point of view, I’m guessing that’s preferable to being deported right now to face Russian justice.

6 Likes

She will likely have to serve her sentence for this crime here first. Once she is released, though, yes, she will be deported.

13 Likes

God I love cheesecake.

4 Likes

Do we need a special word for killing your doppelganger? (Something with -icide appended to the end).
I only ask because it seems to be a thing: To fake her own death, beauty blogger killed her doppelganger | Boing Boing
Anyone know what that word would be?

2 Likes

Oh thank you thank you I had these two conflated, had been thinking “tried to kill? wasn’t she successful?”

4 Likes

A spokesman for Ms. Nasyrova said that the accused poisoner was now a marked woman as far as the Russian authorities were concerned, and if deported to Russia, she could expect to face a job offer.

10 Likes

Duplicide.

Not really, I just made it on the spot from the usual suffix and the Latin word root for double.
Alterantively: Sosicide - uglier, and does not come (directly) from Latin but from the Italian, French, and Spanish word for double: sosia, sosie, sosias.

Tonight it’s linguistics night.

EtA suggested reading: Jose Saramago’s “The Double” (" O Homem Duplicado")

3 Likes

how badly does mother russia want to kill this lady?
enough to swap us for our journalist they have in jail over there?

2 Likes

season 6 GIF

6 Likes

I was going for dopplicide.

But how about Podricide?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.