Women of science tarot deck

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/13/women-of-science-tarot-deck.html

8 Likes

Very cool.

5 Likes

I guess this is a nice collection of art and info on the scientists, but a tarot of scientists seems a bit off message. What’s next, a guide to astrology featuring women astrophysicists?

8 Likes

I read tarot and I’m a career scientist who categorically does not believe in the supernatural. You don’t have to be unscientific to find value in the tradition and practice.

10 Likes

I am a proud computer geek who owns a Waite-Rider deck and a Baroque Bohemian Cats deck. I will gladly add Women of Science to my collection.

9 Likes

These are the equivalent of Twinkies with pictures of athletes on them. In an age where science is completely disregarded and even held in disdain entirely to the planet’s destruction I can’t accept it as a good idea to hold up Tarot and Science as having equal validity. Thanks but no thanks.

5 Likes

For some reason I can’t quite put my finger on, this came to mind when I read this headline:

teachboththeories

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.