Wonderful vintage snapshots showing our love for the moon

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/11/wonderful-vintage-snapshots-sh.html

7 Likes

giphy

8 Likes

16 Likes

seems like a good place to share a couple slides my dad took of the moon landing:

16 Likes

These are great!!! Thanks for sharing them.

14 Likes

I can almost bask in the warm glow of that back lit channel selector knob.

7 Likes

3 Likes

i set up a digital camera in from of a slide projector to digitize these… i should probably get good scans made at some point. probably a lot more detail in them if properly digitized… hm

5 Likes

Meh i still don’t believe we went.

(:wink:, if it wasn’t obvious.)

2 Likes

Well, I didn’t go.

The first shot reminded me of one of my favorite movies from when I was young. I should watch it again and see how it holds up.

51C0SW%20Eo6L

ETA link to the song because it’s stuck in my head now.

6 Likes

By the way, WFMU’s Dave the Spazz will be playing a selection of stupid Moon music next week.

2 Likes

87efda29bbc4f3f9960a7673b240749c

6 Likes

But seriously, these are some lovely pictures. I always love looking at the moon.

5 Likes

6 Likes

tai

5 Likes

I should rewatch this film, thanks for the reminder!

3 Likes

I see a very strange connection between your pics and Wall of Voodoo album covers. And the dog on the TV looks like WoV’s often seen quasi-official ceramic mascot. This is freaking me out:

wall%20of%20voodoo

MI0002474661

Wall of Moondoo.

4 Likes

Definitely watch it again! We picked it up recently as a blu-ray (unfortunately, for some, in B region). The b&w cinematography is gorgeous.

1 Like

I don’t know where the dog came from but I did figure out the tiger doll is from sambos restaurant in the 60s.image

3 Likes

Looks like a cozy for a mace.

In the jungle,
the quiet jungle,
the tiger swings tonight.

1 Like