Wonders of Street View is a website that archives strange things seen on Google's mapping service

Originally published at: Wonders of Street View is a website that archives strange things seen on Google's mapping service | Boing Boing

8 Likes

I could have sworn this was a Reboing - I was playing with this several weeks ago and assumed I’d found it here. I guess not. Endless hours of fun and entertainment. There’s some weird stuff out there!

ETA seems like he’s added a load more stuff since I last looked. I thought I’d exhausted it previously when I kept getting long series of pics I’d seen before. Time to browse some more. I especially like being able to navigate away from some of them to put them into a bit more context.

6 Likes

That looks more like the Idaho Pootato.

4 Likes

The Stig

5 Likes

One not far from me

41°26.4607’N 88°41.5506’W

4 Likes

This is delightful - you’ve made my day better.

Am I being slow on the uptake, or is there no way of getting to another page apart from the “Random” button? It’d be interesting to see a list all the descriptions.

5 Likes

Found this six-wheel drive car just down the road from Mighty Joe!

car

(Shamong Township, New Jersey)

This is fun. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Corvallis, Oregon:

Doesn’t say which street this is, but I’d say they’ve got a flooding problem.

9 Likes
3 Likes

I agree.

2 Likes

bookmarked…

3 Likes

some kind of doggy walks…

My guess is that some passerby decorated the Google Street cart with some chewing gum on the camera.

Ah, neal.fun

I like his stuff. This is a favourite:

1 Like

ready steady gumballs

I enjoyed this odd little book about streetside oddities in the US State of North Carolina. (One of the authors is a friend, who has also written about Furuto houses.)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.