#Woodworking: American Flag Made From 2x4s

Does it matter? We all evaluate through our own bias regardless of intent.
My thoughts were: cool flag wave texture (how was that done with a grinder?), god i hate the burnt wood asthetic, god I hate cops, its too thick, what an ignorant boot licking privileged kiss ass.

There is also some great deeper meaning stuff that others have pointed out… flag burning, “peace” officer, etc.

I have seen several variants of this flag on Facebook recently. All wooden, painted, some with extra work like the burning shown here. And all with a note along the lines of “somebody ordered this, paid the deposit, then disappeared, so now I’m offering it to you for the discounted price of just $150.” An odd little grift, but a sign of the times, I think. Maybe the next one will be “pay me and I’ll donate it to a peace officer.”

That’s fantastic, $5 worth of material and the potential to earn $75 an hour.
I may give this a try, sell them in the church parking lot.

You’re not alone in that thought.

https://www.google.com/search?q=american+flag+wood&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS847US847&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwisyJGDiOLjAhUKvKwKHUTbASMQ_AUIEigC&biw=1920&bih=937

Good point!

1 Like

is it really an American Flag if it doesn’t have stars?

Oh my god lol! I was even thinking about a model to conceal weapons… guess that is just way too obvious.

I’ve been really interested in carving something with an angle grinder like this. I recall a Pinterest post in which the OP glued a bunch of plywood rectangles, angle grinded/sanded it, and applied some stain for a sweet piece of wall art. I’d like to do something similar, but make a sitting bench for my front porch.

2 Likes

Looks like the Liberian flag to me.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.