Hamilton County sheriffs replace U.S. flag at justice center with police "thin blue line" flag

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/01/hamilton-county-sheriffs-repla.html

23 Likes

Wow. Just wow. I guess if you’re all in, you’re all in.

35 Likes

Look for this flag to be flying over the US Capitol soon.

Not the thin blue line version, the Nazi reveal version.

41 Likes

I haven’t read the article yet, but I’m guessing he also doesn’t explain why he had an actual “thin-blue-line” flag at the ready, either.

I’m positive “protesters took the original flag.” Just positive.

ETA: Nope, it didn’t come up.

37 Likes

slc-punk-cops-fascists

40 Likes

Nothing says “us vs. them” more than the thin blue line flag.

They don’t care about the public, as represented by the standard US flag, they care about the United States of Law Enforcement.

"I pledge allegiance, to the flag of. . . . "

51 Likes

It’s their new gang logo so it’s only appropriate. This is good, maybe more peole will see this and recognize that they believe they are separate than us in a much deeper way than we allowed for.

17 Likes

Relevant:

This is the guy who fired one of his officers because she was a lesbian, so she primaried him and demolished him.

63 Likes

I’m sure that they have loads of security camera footage of that… oooh, the cat’s eaten it.

31 Likes

I’m just surprised they didn’t go all in and use the Punisher skull version you see the coolest officers putting on their shit.

33 Likes

They could actually have footage of someone in a mask taking it down. But in today’s post-fact America, everything is questionable. I’d start with, “Was that a protestor, or was it a cop?”

22 Likes

Kneeling during a song - disrespectful to flag
Parody version of said flag - totes awesome

41 Likes

And absolutely illegal (though unenforced).

Edited to correct spelling.

40 Likes

Thread:

32 Likes

The bad news is that means he’s a lame duck and won’t give a shit about any consequences for anything he does.

32 Likes

Why stop there? Just color the swastika flag with a blue background and issue an executive order to make it the official US flag.

5 years ago, this would have been on The Onion. Nowadays, it might pop up on Fox News.

16 Likes
13 Likes

Interesting that the stripe that’s replaced by the “thin blue line” is South Carolina’s.

15 Likes

Let’s face it: we have a multi-tier Justice System in the U.S., with the wealthy occupying the top tier and everybody else on the lower tiers. That “thin blue line” divides the oligarch 0.01% from the rest of us.

11 Likes

Yeah, that’s why I posted it as relevant. He’s going full MAGA now that he’s been trounced at the polls.

11 Likes