"Work ethic": Minutes from 2011 meeting reveal Federal Reserve bankers making fun of unemployed Americans

OMG…

3 Likes

Surprise!

3 Likes

Reminding the hoi polloi of how severely the elites are pricks is a good way to encourage non-complacence. Insert this at the right time when other issues are riding high in the cultural zeitgeist and you have a recipe for at least a push in the right direction towards (sadly, only a small amount of) change.

3 Likes

I was trying to figure out what kind of job hunting he imagined occurs at truck stop showers, but then i got it.

4 Likes

No his thinking is go shower at a truck stop and put on suit you got at goodwill then show up and act like you REALLY want a job.

1 Like

I love how one of the points they keep mentioning when lamenting the lack of qualified candidates is inability to pass a drug test. You aren’t qualified to work a shit job unless you’ve been properly vetted for ideological soundness, citizen.

7 Likes

That seems like solid advice. Elon Musk took advantage of YMCA showers when he was coming up and living in his office. Would you suggest people just wait around for someone to help them out, if they’re perfectly able-bodied?

No what I am suggesting is it isn’t that simple; not least of all because you need an address for an application plus if you are homeless you need to somehow address the cause of homelessness, which is in a nontrivial segment is mental illness. I will not deny that there are people that abuse the system either by applying for government aid and don’t need, or panhandle when they have a home and other things. However his go to that anyone homeless is likely there out of sheer lazyness bothers me deeply.

10 Likes

Sorry, I’m a stickler for nomenclature - the term we should be using is the scum.

3 Likes

Seems to me that the biggest impediment to hiring is not raising wages at the bottom the same rate it raises at the top. You would be amazed the kind of people you can get and how hard they will work if you pay them fairly.

6 Likes

As with any other revolutionary killing program, that conducted by the French revolutionaries started out by killing the rich and the aristocracy. When those killings failed to produce the desired social and economic improvements, rather than stopping to consider that killing was not working, the kill quota was extended to the upper middle class, then the middle class, then more or less anyone at random. See Stalin, J., Zedong, M, Pot, P., da capo

And this is a surprise how? Seems the more money you get, the bigger of an asshole you become.

1 Like

I wonder how many of those executives would revise their estimate of the acceptable number of days to miss the work if we moved them from the boardroom to the fryer station at a fast food restaurant.

7 Likes

Dedicated evil trumps lazy evil. I can only hope for lazy evil.

This advice requires the ability to get to a Goodwill store, then to a truck stop with showers (I think the closest one to me is 40 minutes away, at 75 mph), then to hundreds of different companies in different areas, possibly even different states. How does one do that, without already having a job to pay for things like a car and gas and insurance?

4 Likes

Related.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.