Workers bring the snark on bad stock photos of their jobs

This one is also weird

8 Likes

I saw one I felt that way about. The trend almost needs an offshoot of “stock photos that actually represent how I feel about my job.”

3 Likes

What’s this stuff prominently displayed on my desk, you ask?

Well, you see I put your file on one side of the scales and you keep piling $100 bills on the other until it balances.

The giant gavel? Well, let’s just say that as long as you keep piling on those bills fast enough, you don’t need to worry about it.

15 Likes

Went to site, got automatic redirect to spam site. Goddamnit.

I will agree that a thumbs up after a pelvic exam is in the creapy category, but at least it’s not an ‘OK’ sign?

5 Likes

6 Likes

Please post photos! …I travel only vicariously. I haven’t figured out how to visit the Galapagos Islands via roadtrip, yet.

3 Likes

Ask and you shall receive

And i’ll do my best to take pics for my trip :slight_smile: When i visited Sweden i hardly took any until the last few days as i used the trip to test/experiment on the idea of purposefully not taking many pics to keep myself as being present and to enjoy the moment more. I think it was successful but in hindsight i do sort of regret not taking more pics.

5 Likes

Cyber Woman With Corn is still champ.

12 Likes

I once flew back from China with a sword and a bundle of staves. No customs problems, and the baggage handlers in Shanghai thought it was awesome.

1 Like

Just look at it.

11 Likes

“As your doctor, I recommend pineapple suppositories.”

10 Likes

Illicit persimmons charges grocer news, please!

Memory leak, obviously. You should get that plugged.

But how else do you get access to the information super-highway?

8 Likes

Looked up accordionist stock photos. Now I wish i hadn’t…

6 Likes

It’s the plant they grow to make Super Colon Blow.

5 Likes

3 Likes

“Lederhosen are essential to one-handed accordion playing!”

3 Likes

I actually had to break out the loupe the other day. User wanted to know why is docking station wasn’t working. Superficial examination showed what appeared to be some crud in the docking connector but nothing that explained why the user’s dock suddenly also didn’t work with a test device and a test device didn’t work with their dock.

Some additional light and magnification revealed the two contacts that had been sheared off the side of the docking port and mashed into the bottom; the surrounding scorched plastic; and the delicate little bead of solder where the short had partially reflowed the docking connector.

3 Likes

I kept a microscope under a bell jar on my desk when I worked at the Academy, for examining tiny connectors and dot-matrix print heads.

(Well, those were the official reasons. Really I wanted an excuse to lay claim to a cool 19th century gadget that the other departments had abandoned for more sophisticated ones.)

These days I use a frog-shaped powerful magnifying glass named Heqet.

2 Likes