Workers bring the snark on bad stock photos of their jobs

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/05/15/workers-bring-the-snark-on-bad.html

5 Likes

Whoever wrote that crapulant piece of code needs to wear it!

12 Likes

I love bad stock photography.
It’s the highlight of my day.

5 Likes

test the primitive eye poke reflex

The Three Stooges taught me that one.

1 Like

Apparently I’ll be assisting shortly with my magnifying glass, provided I haven’t turned into a drawing of clockwork gears.

7 Likes

There’s your problem, you got too many zeros and not enough ones here”

9 Likes

Relevant to my work i looked up Contract Stock Photos and found this:

12 Likes

Wow contracting is way more intense than I imagined

6 Likes

You wouldn’t believe the number of people i’ve had to decapitate or disembowel. Need a new sword, there’s a reason i’m flying to Japan this Friday*

*I am actually am tho lol. Just not for a sword.

11 Likes

I’m sure that’ll make your customs declarations much less interesting on the way back. Just don’t take the complimentary apples.

2 Likes

I had this happen, sort of, when i visited Sweden. On my way back i was offered bottled water on the plane. When going through customs i was reprimanded for having water in my luggage… that the airline gave me. Thankfully i wasn’t given too much grief over it but i recall finding the situation really stupid.

6 Likes

You’re lucky, never forget it could’ve been a $500 reprimand

2 Likes

Apparently there aren’t a lot of poorly contrived biologist stock photos. This was the best/worst I could find.

6 Likes

Yeh i recall that bit of news, i imagine the customs worker must’ve been having a bad day and maybe the lady gave them attitude? Sometimes shit like this happens to certain people for a reason, the guy that chided me wasn’t much of a dick about me having the water and i have totally forgotten i even had it.

Also going through security later i also forgot i had the card game “Exploding Kittens” in my luggage, which was also found by a TSA screener and i profusely apologized for it. I think the main reason she didn’t make an issue out of it was because i had some other odd stuff in my luggage like toilet candy (seriously)

After the initial confusion with the cards she seemed more amused than anything.

8 Likes

My monitor is bitblting cloud all over the place!

7 Likes

You have weird luggage.

5 Likes

I am torn…

This one is awful, because I have never coded while sitting on the side of an abandoned highway. Not very ergonomic.

on the other hand while I bad image in many ways…this is exactly how I have often felt!!!

images

17 Likes

Just you wait when i get back from Japan this time around

9 Likes

5 Likes

“Ok, ok, clause 13.3 can stay as it is! Hereinbefore is really so much clearer than earlier.”

5 Likes