Workers rights and unions

How much longer before we get “Starbucks, an employee owned company”?

4 Likes

The Amazon union has its work cut out for it.

12 Likes

You’d think realities like that would make unionizing easier, not harder.

11 Likes

The union now has to get to work to improve the conditions.

7 Likes

Isnt it only at one warehouse ao far?

And wouldn’t any failure in improving workplace safety get chalked up to management’s recalcitrance, rather than the union’s what, wimpiness?

But yeah, I’m not disagreeing with you. Your input does make me think i see the point now, so thanks for that.

6 Likes

FTFY

:wink:

10 Likes

That’s what I was trying to say. Getting a satisfactory contract will be a struggle.

6 Likes
12 Likes
7 Likes

Did… she just try quoting Havel to support her thesis that unions are bad? Presumable, his quote was talking about the state-backed unions of the eastern bloc and the oppression of Solidarity. What a disingenuous shithead she is.

9 Likes

And all that drivel presuming why the manager expressed themselves that way? When she could have just asked him instead of projecting her Id on to him?

But that would require treating him like a human being.

8 Likes

I think the whole thing is a Havel quote, though (it starts with a quotation mark in the first tweet and ends with it in the final, and then the cite by Havel). He would have been referencing state unions under authoritarian communism, and there was plenty of going along to get along with the ruling ideology.

She just doesn’t understand what Havel was discussing and she’s taken it out of context and completely twisted it out of recognition.

8 Likes
9 Likes

I mean… :man_shrugging:

13 Likes

Typical man of the people Preznit candidate?

16 Likes

I know it may be his dream for the future, but for now just who does he think make his business possible? Those overpriced, oversweetened, over-roasted beverages aren’t going to pour themselves.

9 Likes

Feel The Bern Strike GIF by Bernie Sanders

16 Likes
14 Likes
11 Likes
19 Likes