Workers rights and unions

10 Likes

Whatā€™s that Chomsky said about the FT being the most honest news source:

In this article (Archive link) the FT have published today, they discuss a new paper by the federal reserve,which makes the case for the big drop in inflation since the 1970s being due to essentially a class war- removing workerā€™s bargaining power allows capital make sure that profits are preserved at the expense of wages.

9 Likes

More on that revitalized org and its conference:

9 Likes

Strike! Strike! Strike!

Workers of the world unite, you have nothing to lose but your chains. Perhaps robot workers will come to realise that they are the exploited in fully automated luxury communism in much the way that wealth gains to Western workers were delivered by the exploitation and abuse of colonised and imperially dominated people?

h/t @KathyPartdeux

8 Likes

I wonder if sabots were found under the hoodā€¦ :smiling_imp: :hammer_and_wrench: :robot:

7 Likes

star wars ugh GIF by IFC

9 Likes
12 Likes

Meta workers need to unionize. All of them.

14 Likes

good summary really

21 Likes
12 Likes

Gotta stop that wage growth!

9 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly how I am reading the Fed response. If the peons are making more money, it may hurt profits unless prices are jacked up, which will decrease spending. Auuugh! Will no one think of the corporate profits!! I hate this whole fucking timeline.

7 Likes
15 Likes

:100:
:dart:

17 Likes

Giving employees more money means less money for me! I want all the money possible, so Iā€™m going to keep it.

from

16 Likes

Workers organizing.

Then comes the counter-organizing: creepy manufacturing of consent and of dissent.

I donā€™t drink alcohol, and have not worked around alcohol since my days in college. I will say that if I see friends drinking California wines especially from Sonoma County, they are going to get an earful from me.

12 Likes

An example of why federal protections are needed:

13 Likes
13 Likes
13 Likes