Workers rights and unions

The boss really wants to get rid of working from home.

13 Likes

I have never missed having a commute, but then the idea that I could also take a 15 minute walk if I were stressed isā€¦not something I needed suggested to me. :man_shrugging:

15 Likes

Two management scholars

13 Likes

Only very vaguely on topic, but my daughter sent me this today:

How do you tell the difference between a chemist and a steelworker?

Ask them to say ā€˜unionizedā€™

17 Likes

Confused Season 2 GIF by Law & Order

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

12 Likes

During the times when commuting by walking or public transport was possible for me, this was definitely true, but commuting by car makes me stressed out even worse. Driving in traffic is awful because you have to pay so much attention. Walking was best, Iā€™d put on a podcast and walk about 20 minutes which allowed me to wake up in the morning/decompress in the evening. I hate car commuting so much I do everything possible to minimize it.

12 Likes
13 Likes
8 Likes
9 Likes
12 Likes
13 Likes

Donā€™t people know that retaliatory actions against labor activities are illegal?! Time to call the NLRB.

8 Likes

breaking bad bullshit GIF

11 Likes
11 Likes

:thread:
(a few key parts here; the whole thingā€™s on thatbirdsite, my apologies in advance)

ETA: what theā€“

ā€“fffuuuuckā€“

12 Likes
14 Likes

OMG sources confirmed to Ricochet that three of the four fired employees were lead organizers with the union effort. Of eight members of the organizing committee, three were fired on Monday. Another was let go late last year.

14 Likes
14 Likes

If there is any activity the French are better at than eating, itā€™s going on strike.

4 Likes
5 Likes