Workers rights and unions

5 Likes

Any CEO with a modicum of empathy or self-awareness would recognize that an “aggressive labor movement” within the company is a sign employees are beyond annoyed and are pissed off. Thinking of that as an external influence rather than a sign of toxic company culture from within is pure deflection.

Moreover, from what I’ve seen in companies large and small - if there is some harrassment and assault, few people outside the company know about it. In order for it to be publicly visible, it has to be widespread and pervasive before it is known outside the company.

10 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

God forbid they harm the equipment, but fuck the workers, right? :man_shrugging:

Police, etc. – it’s always about protecting the property over living beings.

6 Likes
4 Likes

More on the mini-rooms issue…

And here is from George “not writing winds of winter, but we’ll forgive him this time since it’s about the strike” RR Martin…

https://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2023/05/08/writers-on-set/

Once again from.

7 Likes

Got this email today from my union. David Byrne!

6 Likes

4 Likes

“Artificial Intelligence: Agreement confirming that AI is not a person and that generative AI cannot replace the duties performed by members.”

5 Likes

This is such a fucked up story, from the endangerment of the workers to the fact that this site will be bulldozed against the better judgment of academics and indigenous stakeholders.

3 Likes

Remember the days when folks were scoffing at the idea of home delivery?

ETA: Edited to clarify – over the internet and/or phones.

9 Likes

9 Likes

Edited to clarify. Using your computer or phone — not mail-ins or schlepping down to the processing center. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes
6 Likes

Protesters sending a message to Macron before the law changes in France:

3 Likes
8 Likes
8 Likes

She has a point. Everyone who can work entirely from home should do so - and employers should pay workers who have to be on site for their commute.

9 Likes

There are nurses striking here due to mistreatment during and through the pandemic. Gave them a honk an a thumb’s up when I passed their picket line on the way home.

Mental Health Love GIF by @InvestInAccess

8 Likes