Workers rights and unions

5 Likes

I’m gonna cross-post to the Grifters thread because reasons.

7 Likes

UK public sector - you will start at the bottom of the advertised scale. In the current environment you will stay on the bottom of the scale.

The scale may move upwards, below inflation.

The scale may be forced upwards by growth in the minimum wage.

5 Likes
1 Like
7 Likes

‘Doctor Who’ Shakes Up Writers’ Payment Structure After Disney+ Boards BBC Sci-Fi Series

https://nitter.net/Sonic_Screwup/status/1729423188411420799

Thread Reader didn’t work…

2 Likes

Probably more like finding that the whipped cream cans are flat and people are returning them and/or complaining about it after buying them.

Just if it’s product tampering, which is my guess, based on what I know of whip its and working in a store.
But you’re spot on that the idea that putting in a camera means no raises is complete bunko.

5 Likes

Ah ok that actually makes sense though…

4 Likes

https://archive.ph/zXwy9

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

13 Likes

“I disagree with the idea of unions,” Elon Musk said during a rambling onstage interview this week. “I just don’t like anything which creates a lords and peasants kind of thing.”

It does the opposite you twit.

16 Likes

“… that implies too much equality in the arrangement. I prefer a ‘Spartans and helots’ sort of thing. Peasants had rights.”

7 Likes

New album by 20 Second Head Buzz.

6 Likes

More layoffs are probably on the way, inclusivity programs are facing being gutted and a significant number of benefits have been taken away

1 Like

6 Likes
6 Likes

For some reason this place is always called “historic lambeau field”. Are there other, less historic lambeau fields?
Good for the unionizing workers!

1 Like
7 Likes

Intersectionality aplenty.

5 Likes

“Weird Al” Yankovic didn’t anticipate going viral over his recent contribution to the 2023 Spotify Wrapped campaign, because in his words, “I just did it as a goof.”

“My manager said, ‘Hey, Spotify wants you to make a 30-second video for them to thank your listeners this year.’ So I said, ‘I had 80 million streams, and if I’m doing the math right, I think that comes out to like $12. So thanks for the sandwich,'” Yankovic says of the viral clip. “The 80 million, I think that’s ballpark — I asked my manager, and that’s about right. The $12 is actually an exaggeration for comic effect.”

The joke, as he explains it, was that “Spotify notoriously does underpay its artists.” But while the punchline was exaggerated, he notes, “some people made a point of saying, ‘I did the math, and he made more than $12.’ And yeah — it’s a joke. I didn’t make nearly as much as some people are claiming that I made, because I do have to split my royalties with a record label who take a huge chunk, and every other publisher and writer on my album. So I make closer to $12 than what they think I’m getting.”

9 Likes