World's oldest dog ever, Bobi, dies at 31

Originally published at: World's oldest dog ever, Bobi, dies at 31 | Boing Boing

6 Likes

May he rest in peace!

Good Boy Dog GIF by Kel Cripe

11 Likes

Bobi was already 31 years old, so he was 165 days into his 32nd year.

8 Likes

Wow! What a good boy.
That’s 217 in yooman years.
May your doggie heaven be chock-full of biscuits…
treat

By the way, I can see you licking that cat. Are you about to stick it onto a window?

(Still a good boy).

5 Likes

“My dog has been around since the Bush administration.”

“Good for him, 14 years is quite a run for a large breed!”

“No, the other Bush administration.”

6 Likes

Like many a human who reaches an impressive age, when asked his secret for longevity Bobi replied “a glass of whiskey and a cigar every day!”

I feel that Bluey deserves a multiplier for his score, having survived so long in the expert challenge zone of Australia.

6 Likes

Oldest dog ever, or ever ? These days hyperbole is everything, so declared records and accomplishments are always suspect.

Pets… the great ones… need to live longer… there’s bonds with animals you can’t have with people. I don’t believe in an afterlife… but wouldn’t that be just such a pleasant surprise to die and there’s your favorite pets waiting for you. Favorite people meh… but . if I could hold my cat one more time… 21 years of cuddles wasn’t enough.

5 Likes

What did he die of?

1 Like

Broke his neck jumping out of a plane in one of those flying squirrel suits. Doggo kept it 100 right to the end.

3 Likes

Rip Smh GIF

2 Likes

The previous oldest dog ever was Australia’s Bluey, who died in 1939 at the age of 29 years and five months.

(Really? No one posted this yet?)

1 Like

The dogfather!
Dog Morph GIF by Pol-Edouard

“Bobi was not the only dog owned by the Mr Costa to live a long life. Bobi’s mother lived to the age of 18 while another of the family’s dogs died at the age of 22.”

It’s that awesome sausage and beautiful Portuguese beaches keepin’ em young.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.