World's "ugliest color" will be used on cigarette packs

[Read the post]

No offense, brown people…

–Australian officials

9 Likes

It just looks like chocolate color. A color i particularly dislike is Ocre

6 Likes

So why do they have a colour of the year? And why is it two colours this year? And why does Leatrice Eiseman use both traditional and simplified English in her speech?

12 Likes

Time to reassess my wardrobe,i have more few shirts that color. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Eww, did you see that olive green color above the pictures of diseased organs? Gross!

12 Likes

Makes me thinks of gold, or at least of slightly desperate attempts to pass something off as gold-colored.

1 Like

I had a car that color once, it was ugly.

2 Likes

It matches my wife’s eyes. I wondered why I hated her so much.

Much like Time’s Man of the Year not being the Best Man of the Year, it’s not the “best color of the year”. If it was, Pantone 19-1718 would win, obviously.

6 Likes

My husband had a cheap 2002 Sentra, which listed the color as Cappuccino. I always called it Baby Poop.

11 Likes

Yeah, as an Australian smoker, I’d like to point out that a) plain packaging clearly hasn’t worked on me; b) it is an ugly colour but some of the pics on the pack are far uglier; and c) the gangrenous foot pic is the worst of the lot. Now I’m off out of bed at 4.30am to have yet another ‘final ciggy before sleep’ for tonight.

Edited to add d) that said about the pics, I just ignore them most of the time. Can’t even tell you what’s on my current pack.

7 Likes

Pantone 19-1718

Old red wine stain on carpet?

9 Likes

Colorist! The preferred nomenclature is “Fig”!

7 Likes

Money is the reason why they have a “color of the year”. The more people decide to use Pantone as a reference for a given year because of some trendy reason the better business is for them.

2 Likes

My father had an old Honda, the color of which was always referred to as, “Baby Shit Brown”. And it was quite the turd of a vehicle.

3 Likes

That’s a fairly inoffensive colour; it’s a kind of dark khaki. I’d almost call that “natural.” I think neon/fluorescent colours are uglier.

Poop Brown as I referred to it.

1 Like

If your shit is that colour, you may want to cut down on the spinach.

(Or not. Maybe it’s healthier like that?)

I think that is the color all the depressed people in Portland are painting their houses. Or some facsimile…

1 Like

I had to work in an office that was that color, it was very depressing. The owner’s wife thought she was brilliant for choosing it and having it custom blended for the building.