World's "ugliest color" will be used on cigarette packs

Came here for this - the olive brown isn’t so bad though it’s not terribly appealing - but mustard orangish brown baby shit is actively queasy. I remember seeing it on some car that was fabulously ugly already (maybe a Pontiac Aztek) and being horrified that anyone would put that color on any car. And somehow being metallic made it even worse.

3 Likes

Eye of the beholder, motherfucker.

10 Likes

I don’t think it’s so terrible - with some gold and copper to accompany it could look quite nice.

1 Like

Is that a close-up of Drumpf’s forehead?

2 Likes

I would happily paint a cozy den in that color and enjoy a Manhattan while reading a book in a comfortable armchair.

4 Likes

Did you have a smoke in that edit break?

1 Like

Wine stain my eye. I’m callin the cops.

3 Likes

Soon to be known as “tobacco brown” :-/

4 Likes

It’s not necessarily inconsistent. The existence of a supremum is not predicated on the existence of an infimum.

1 Like

Ha! Nah, the bbs was playing up and first disappeared my edit, then said an error had occurred, then said there was a connection problem, then I went back to the ‘latest’ page, back to this thread, then the edit reappeared and I could finally post the bloody thing.

1 Like

I’m a big fan of what they do on Canadian cigarette packaging.

2 Likes

Yep, that’s babyshit. If the baby in question drinks formula, it’s especially malodorous.

Both these colors were popular for upholstery circa 1971. I have to think that diapers must have been extra-leaky back then.

2 Likes

It worked for the Zune. You don’t see those anymore.

3 Likes

Wow. You’re actually buying a warning label that happens to have cigarettes in it.

2 Likes

Collect the whole set!

26 Likes

Just as a general question - please explain the stance of pro-recreational marijuana, anti-tobacco to me. I really don’t understand.

3 Likes

Pot seems to be a lot worse at killing you.

6 Likes

I’ve never seen a green-brown person before.

2 Likes

The arguments I see tend to basically be:

Cigarettes: mega-corp big business, engineered to kill you, known carcinogen, controlled by The Man
Marijuana: small business, grown by small farmers, not controlled by The Man, some evidence of cancer fighting properties among other health benefits

6 Likes

I think it’s more a case of being anti-criminalization, which causes more problems than it solves, and pro warning people of any dangers related to the use of drugs. I see that as a consistent approach.

Also, few people smoke a pack or two of joints daily, and there are safer alternatives to smoking weed, although those brownies can cause obesity.

4 Likes