World's "ugliest color" will be used on cigarette packs

This?

5 Likes

That used to be the default color for Arabs in DC comics. Not the exact shade above, but it was a greenish-brown.

So, this color, right?

“Authentic u. S. [sic] Navy issue flying cross men’s short sleeve dress shirtsize: medium very good pre-owned condition with no stains, holes or tears.”

Or maybe this:

?

Or…

"KGB Border Guard pilot’s service uniform in compliance with 1988 Soviet military uniform regulations. "

1 Like

“reminding respondents of dirt and death”

More like shit and vomit.

2 Likes

More like shit that has been vomited.

Not only is it an awful color, it has an awful name.

9 Likes

Walter White is not amused.

4 Likes

As an Australian now-non-smoker, I actually think having really disgusting packaging made it a lot easier to quit - a constant reminder that it’s a stupid thing to be doing long term, plus the subtle embarrassment to have the packet out in public horrifying your friends. I like to think i would’ve eventually quit anyway, and obviously everyone’s results will vary, but according to the research it seems to be working well, especially in discouraging younger people to take up smoking in the first place.

4 Likes

OK, I give up: which original IS the correct khaki? :wink:

3 Likes

Hey! My Zune is that color!!!

5 Likes

I remember that color as “dusty rose” or mauve or something back in 1985. Is it really puce? I thought puce was darker…

Both are awful.
Yuck!

I wonder if you can make a tartan made of poop brown, puce, mauve, that ochre @Grey_Devil posted, and I dunno… chartreuse… or something. You could dress your battlefield pipers in it, then march them at the enemy, who would then spontaneously vomit, faint, or run away.

http://www.tartanmaker.com/

3 Likes

I don’t think edibles are safer than smoking. I’ve found their effects to be extremely erratic even when controlling for dosage depending on the state of your metabolism at the time you eat them, and it’s way easier to wind up in a really unpleasant place (if not actually dangerous) by eating than by smoking.

2 Likes

So, kinda like Burberry then?

3 Likes

Plus the inevitable stains associated with eschewing underwear would just sort of blend in with the colour palette.

2 Likes

This! The car was uglier, but this is the color.

2 Likes

Make it a badly kerned Comic Sans and you will end smoking among graphic designers for all time.

8 Likes

It’s a very British Leyland kind of a colour, yes.

5 Likes

Or @japhroaig would fall in love with it and have a matching set of pants & waistcoat forthwith.

5 Likes

In tweed.

3 Likes