Wristwatch commemorating the Nikon F's 60th anniversary

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/12/wristwatch-commemorating-the-n.html

4 Likes

Sold out.

1 Like

They only had 100 of these made; I have no idea how much they were charging for a watch. I guess the former Nippon Kogaku (now Nikon) is looking to raise money in the Harley Davidson vein, selling their name instead of relying on camera and lens sales. Their new mirrorless offerings haven’t met sales expectations and Nikon share prices are way down.

1 Like

That was fast… like ISO 1600.

3 Likes

As fast as a f/1.2 lens, but cheaper.

4 Likes

From my post: “Apparently the company only made 100 of the watches for sale in their museum gift shop for around US$180.”

Before ebay, I bought a 50mm f1.2 lens for $50. When going to a new town, it was always fun to check out the used gear at local camera stores and see if you could do some impromptu market arbitrage … maybe that thing you always wanted hasn’t found a local buyer.

2 Likes

Too bad it’s quartz. Seems like a watch commemorating a mechanical camera ought to have a mechanical movement.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.