"Write the best possible final exam question for this course, then answer it."

I’ll bet you aced that one.

8 Likes

Reminds me of a physics exam question that had multiple parts leading to a final question “Can you name this number?” The idea was if you had gotten all the earlier parts right you would have derived Planck’s Constant. But I had messed up somewhere and got an unrecognizable number. So I wrote “Yes, I shall name it Fred.”

16 Likes

One of my teachers had a special grade for that sort of thing. Routine quizzes and homework were normally graded from U(unsatisfactory, pretty much meant that you hadn’t done the reading and it was obvious) to check minus(your answer suggested some contact with the material but either painful sloppiness or serious lack of insight) to check(competent execution) to check plus(superior execution, particularly sharp insight).

There was also the U+, for people who clearly hadn’t done the reading; but who delivered bullshit above and beyond the call of duty; genuinely hilarious contrafactual absurdity, or the like.

It wasn’t actually worth much more than a U; but it was probably the hardest grade to get, as it required execution (on the spot, in response to an unfamiliar prompt because you hadn’t done the reading) at a level that would have qualified as check plus material (and been something you had all evening to work on) if you had actually done the reading and had the data necessary to approach the question seriously.

10 Likes

4 Likes

There is no wrong answer, as long as you are sincere.

1 Like

Write the best possible final exam question for this course, then answer it.
“Write the best possible final exam question for this course, then answer it.”

If this is your best final exam question, then your answer shows that it can be answered without applying anything learned in the course, and proven yourself wrong.

1 Like

You can always use Amazon smile.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.