"Write the best possible final exam question for this course, then answer it."

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/10/10/write-the-best-possible-fina.html

3 Likes

The student never answered their own question though (as the question instructed them to). Unless they added a “20 GOTO 10” line after it.

10 Likes

Thinly veiled opportunity for an affilliate link.
Now I have to clear my cookies.

1 Like

The best possible comment to this post is “This best possible comment to this post

7 Likes

"the best possible final exam question for this course, then answer it."

3 Likes

I’m answering it right now!

10 Likes

This is the best possible reply to your comment.

5 Likes

There was an English GCSE literature exam I saw with a loophole in the whole test that I (and everyone else I know who sat it) missed:

“Choose either question 1 or question 2, then either question 3 or question 4, then either question 5 or question 6.”

It says you have to choose questions, not answer them.

5 Likes

winner winner chicken dinner

7 Likes

Nothing like dusting off an old favourite :smirk:

4 Likes

I’m dusting one off right now.

14 Likes

Beware. You could die of old age answering this question this way.

The instructions say to write the question and then answer it. But if your answer to the test question is the test question itself and you have to answer it, then you’ll just have to repeat the process one level deeper. And so on ad infinitum.

Basically you could inception yourself.

4 Likes

Shockingly, cleaner than the punchline I was about to add.

6 Likes

What if the subject of the course isn’t recursion? What if it’s another area of inquiry entirely, such as theodicy?

3 Likes

Suckup.
xxxxxxx

But they did. The question they proposed was “Write the best possible final exam question for this course, then answer it”, and that was the question they were answering.

2 Likes

https://bbs.boingboing.net/t/shall-we-try-this-again-questions-to-be-asked/126786/456

Although your answer possibly isn’t here…

3 Likes

edit: Write the laziest possible final exam question for this course, then answer it.

2 Likes

Poor logic. The student’s response is not a question.

4 Likes

There goes my daily double.

I’ll take Potent Potables for $400 Alex…

1 Like