XKCD's security meltdowns for the coming year

Yeah, everybody can feel superior to a slime mold.

If I can tolerate the existence of Little Britain, I’m sure you can cope with the existence of XKCD.

Now I’m curious.

It was right wing “comedy” which used the “we poke fun at everybody” defence to hide it’s homophobia and transphobia.

And yes, I am aware that Matt Lucas is gay.

Aah, I had League of Gentlemen in my head (always get those two mixed up for some reason). I can see that, I guess

With the exception of Barbara (and Papa Lazarou was bad for BME British), I found League of Gentlemen entertaining, if a little too close to home. Carlisle was like Royston Vasey in spirit, if not in location.

2 Likes

“Explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog. You understand it better but the frog dies in the process.”

― E.B. White

7 Likes

No. or maybe the only person with those exact percentages of getting how terrible it is

I studied chemistry at Imperial College, and I’ve been a 1337 h4x0r since I was in the computer science class at CTY. The only thing I can think of that might exclude me from xkcd’s target audience is the fact that I don’t think those interests make me special, and I’m not insecure about them.

There was a recurring feature in National Lampoon called “Professor Kenilworth Explains the Joke”.

Here’s a real professor doing the same thing.

1 Like

center for talented youth?

Explaining a joke is like playing chess with a pigeon. You get dirty and the pig enjoys it.

2 Likes

On the topic of Bruce Schneier…

2 Likes

Nerd camp, yes

1 Like

I took a class in Logic one year.

Hm, how about pairing them with SMBC comics and producing a DeepDream for every valid subset hash, then pointing out the least funny for each of a few?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.