Yet another TSA screener doesn't know that DC is part of America

[Permalink]

2 Likes

My new befuddlement is when I get randomly selected to go through the pre-check lanes to ease choke points, and then get yelled at for taking my shoes off and laptop out.

6 Likes

While it’s metaphorically true that many people who work inside the Beltway don’t inhabit the same world as the rest of us…

Never mind. I imagine that metaphor would be lost on the agent in question anyway.

facepalm of doom

2 Likes

I dunno. I still swear that Los Angeles isn’t a real place. :wink:

4 Likes

It doesn’t make me wonder that.

What it makes me wonder, is how the scumbag treasonous dick-holes responsible for such a state of affairs could ever hope to possibly justify it in a fair debate.

I suppose they have a reasonable hope of avoiding that eventuality altogether…

2 Likes

On that, sir, we can agree completely :smile:

HaHaHa!!! You BoingBoing guys crack me up with some of the stories you tell. I mean,come on, a Federal Employee charged with helping keep us safe from terrorism is too dumb to know that DC is part of the USA…In fact, the very heart of our Federal Government. How do you guys come up with such stuff?.. you really are just kidding, right? Please say you’re kidding.

3 Likes

But DC isn’t part of America!

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/master_file/federalgovernment.htm

The Federal government, which is foreign to the United States of America, which is located in the District of Columbia, which is not part of the United States and which is in fact controlled to a great extent by the international bankers and by the laws and rules of the United Nations, whereby this Federal Washington D.C. state or country, has set itself up as a control over the United States of America as a quasi-government.

This Awareness indicates that elected officials residing outside of the United States of America in Washington D.C., are not actually employees or officials of the United States of America, or its rules. The states’ rules do not apply. The states’ Constitution does not apply to these entities in Washington D.C. because they are acting outside the country in this second nation known as the Federal government.

This Awareness indicates in other words, the United States Federal government and the United States of America are basically two different countries, and the Constitution of the United States of America is not the law of the United States Federal government.

Therefore, these entities cannot, while in the District of Colombia, be accused of treason. They are operating on behalf of the foreign bankers and their special interests.

8 Likes

In all fairness, the screener probably thought that no place in the U.S. would still use an ethnic slur as the name of a professional sports team.

6 Likes

and it becomes less offensive if you take out “washington”

2 Likes

You are now entering a TSA zone, please leave all polysyllables in the basket provided.

1 Like

As stupid as the incident is, and as much as I agree that the role of the TSA and the current state of airport security is pointless kabuki, I’ll play a bit of devil’s advocate and point out that a couple incidents out of nearly a BILLION interactions with TSA per year (lowball estimate based on the reported number of airline passengers in 2012 - http://www.rita.dot.gov/bts/press_releases/bts016_13) are hardly proof that the TSA is hiring idiots. It’s a couple employees out of nearly 50,000, and I’ve known many a very smart person to make very stupid mistakes on occasion, let alone after dealing with thousands of people on a daily basis, most of whom treat you with contempt.

Again, not disagreeing with the overall futility of the state of airport security, this just strikes me as something like a strawman argument.

IIRC, the hiring policy is to not discriminate against the dimbulbs; it’s one year of related work experience or a GED. Occasionally, I am shocked to find out that truckers and McDonalds employees are not working to pay the bills while they get their PhD’s, but if they lowered their ambitions some, they too could become TSA agents.

1 Like

I know that passage was written by a crazy person, but it is exactly how things play out in actual fact.

2 Likes

It’s really all a soundstage in Hollywood.

If I acquire the Awareness as to which words to Capitalize and which words to write in all caps, can I, the CORPORATE ENTITY who posts at BoingBoing under the pseudonym dAvIdE405, print out a Statement of Rights which will EmPower me to walk through the tsa checkpoint withOUT harassment?

EDIT: added a bunch of invisible semicolons
~Fnord

1 Like

Sad. On the other hand, I think it would be very funny if it kept happening to congress-critters when they were heading back to the office.

2 Likes

Only Ted Kennedy, and we all know that was pure happenstance.

8 Likes

TIFTFY.

2 Likes