You brought this on yourself, @shaddack

Just imagine what it’s like coming back here after like… a year!

2 Likes

I like to think same smarts, similar japes, different actors :smile:

2 Likes

You fellers need a bit of funk and soul in your diet:

1 Like

What about some classics?

The Anvil Chorus, from Il Trovatore.

Referenced from Things I Won’t Work With: Hexanitrohexaazaisowurtzitane:

Synthesizing polynitro compounds is no chocolate fondue party, either: if you picture a bunch of guys wheeling around drums of fuming nitric acid while singing the Anvil Chorus from Il Trovatore, you’re not that far off the mark. You really have to beat the crap out of a molecule to get that many nitro groups on it, which means prolonged heating of things that you’d really rather not heat up at all.

1 Like

Argh, its so good. A tad overplayed, but Sooo good. In the same realm as that Mozart thingy.

1 Like

Bloody hell, the classics recorded and played in cartoons are amazing.

I love them so hard. Yes I love esoteric, but this is what got me into classics.

1 Like

Yeah, but here’s the same enthusiast paying some real heavy metal, probably on the same pile of metal.

But oy! Richter’s tempi in the fugue! (and this is better than the 1980 recording he made at Notre Dame Cathedral).

The pity of it is that there used to be a very good Mercury recording of a French metal enthusiast (Marcel Dupré) knocking this music out of the park in Paris, but damn me if I can find it anywhere.

2 Likes

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xc1ifm_allegro-no-troppo-valse-triste-1977_shortfilms

2 Likes

Oh, I bloody love “Allegro Non Troppo”!

1 Like

The true spirit of Christmas- Jingle Brass:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 440 days. New replies are no longer allowed.