You can buy psychedelic mushroom chocolate bars in Washington, DC

Originally published at: You can buy psychedelic mushroom chocolate bars in Washington, DC | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Time for a road tRiP.

5 Likes

10-15 pieces will kick you into “God Mode: walls might melt.”

So $120 bucks to get high, I’m’a go with no on that. Just picked up a fat OZ for $40.00 US at the dispensary, got 3 at that price, made a huge tub of weed butter. Happy baking days ahead!

Note: Youtube weed butter before you try to make your own, it’s not that complicated, just don’t do it while you are stoned.

7 Likes

Yeah, $170 CAD will get you an ounce of Golden Teachers in the mail that’ll get you high many times, I can’t imagine that they’d be that much more in the US. $120 for one recreational dose is a wee bit excessive. Still probably a better deal than legal cannabis edibles in Canada though.

3 Likes

I have my cookies around 20 milligrams per serving, a small cookie, usually ginger snaps. The over the counter cana edibles are pricy, and at best hit & miss with the dosage. I make my own, it’s fun, and it breaks the ice at parties, if we ever have a party again.

6 Likes

I have several pounds of cannabutter/coconut oil from trimming my grows and avb. Turns out I really prefer dry-flower vaping over edibles, so I generate vape poo a lot faster than I use the resulting oil. Might have to start giving some away.

2 Likes

Lol 4g cost like $25-35. That must be some damn fine chocolate.

2 Likes

The collective I belong to has the same issue, what to do with it as the folks come off chemo / and or other illness. They gave me a 5 lb bag of gummies, I give them to anyone that wants them, but that bag is still 3/4 ways full.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Totally different thing. Although $120 dollars is way expensive still. Although “decriminalized” they seem to be taking a huge risk and just sticking a target on themselves so think of the 120 dollars as a donation to the imminent legal fight to make such things actually legal?

3 Likes

Can people not read? everyone’s comparing this to cannabis… its not even remotely the same thing although the price is still ridiculous the risk they’re taking is also a lot more ridiculous.

2 Likes

The cannabis talk is an off topic deviation, but my original post was (mostly) about my local price for golden teachers, which are definitely not cannabis and definitely are psilocybin-containing mushrooms. FWIW, my cited source is also locally illegal and ships interprovincially which is also very risky business and yet it costs nowhere near as much.

3 Likes

$120 a bar? It’s almost like people don’t know that they are allegedly ridiculously easy to grow. Or so I’m told by sites like mycotopia.net. And it’s legal in most states to buy spore cultures for study and several websites have quite a big selection of spore syringes that can inoculate a whole bunch of growing containers for $20 each. Allegedly. So I’m told. No personal knowledge of any of this. At all.

6 Likes

No, I want to get stoned, not READ!

3 Likes

Yeah, but if you pair it with $4000 a plate Policy seminars or something, you could just lay the expectation that this is the sort of choccy you want at the end. (And the I would somehow catch the part where Mlle. Kania explained what governance of Facebook should be done. Maybe.)

Anyhoo, how many players are necessary to make Bud Butter? It sounds like you maybe melt the butter and make the immersion blender disperse some stuff, but maybe it involves listening to Mission To Zyxx and 3 players and stuff.

It would be good is that linked text pointed somewhere besides the word “chocolate” which is not a functioning URI for me. Maybe I need to load some 'shrooms into my browser first.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.