You can call me AI

1 Like
2 Likes

Evil! Eeeevil!

4 Likes

Some people think It is true

4 Likes

I thought it was real briefly, but I couldnt get over his right hand. It’s holding something that seems to be melded with his hand.

4 Likes

Really, this photo/illustration is very well done. If I hadn’t seen the denial before, I really would have thought that the Pope had given up on commanding the destinies of Catholics around the World and would be singing tonight at the Loollapaloosa festival in São Paulo.

You are right. What could belie this photo is the hand and the object that the Pope is holding. Was it a cup of coffee? Those fingers, it looks like he has gangrene and urgently needs an amputation.

Another strange thing is Mr. Bergoglio´s body posture. It appears from the latest news from the Vatican that he is not in very good health and the photo shows a man walking very straight, like a young athlete.

It’s one thing for a fake photo like this to fool you and me. It is quite another thing for a magazine with a certain reputation to publish such a photo and mix it with facts such as the stylist who makes the pope’s clothes, in order to give credibility to his hoax.

It will soon become very easy to deceive people with these lies. In everyday life, people only read the headlines, often purposely written in a dubious way to attract clicks, just imagine a complete article made by Artificial Intelligence, custom-made to attack a political foe, a girlfriend who discovered that the great love of her life was nothing more than a a***** or even starting a war.

Here is an article, in Italian, about Mr. Sorcinelli, who made the ecclesiastical vestments of popes and cardinals.

Now Vogue Brasil published another article pretending that it wasn’t deceived and pointing the finger at those who believed in the hoax.

3 Likes

He foolishly touched Benedict’s last horcrux before destroying it.

6 Likes

It would be a great Marvel movie.

6 Likes

Shut It Down 30 Rock GIF

8 Likes

I mean. Using CGI models has been a thing for years for fashion companies and the world of fashion modeling isn’t exactly known for being ethical so i’m not too entirely upset about the idea of AI putting that industry in grave financial danger.

3 Likes

As usual its the workers who will be hurt financially first

10 Likes

Do be careful! Don’t lose any of that stuff. That’s concentrated evil Internet. One drop of that could turn you all into hermit crabs.

5 Likes

X Files Internet GIF by The X-Files

30 years old this year!

9 Likes

In no small part because we humans have ideas that, in turn, we struggle to express.

ChatGPT expresses itself effortlessly, but doesn’t have any ideas.

6 Likes

As I understand, you can ask it for citations, but they’re frequently crap that doesn’t support the biases baked into its dataset.

eta: Which suggests that it has no access to the sources of material that comes out of the blackbox, and when asked for citations, it’s doing a separate after-the-fact query of “Find something that looks like it supports the shit just produced.”

4 Likes
1 Like

Thinking more on that, Clever Hans these AIs aren’t human, and it’s entirely reasonable that they should have a “Wiki Mode Output” (or “Show Your Work”) button that automatically adds footnotes and cites to the output. No one should have to ask for citations.

Unless Full Self-Driving these AIs aren’t as capable as hyped by the people who want to insert them into a created middle-man position, become the dominant brand, which they can then exploit and be the next Google.

ChatGPT2

9 Likes

Needs the first two panels repeated, with the overlay text in the middle

“Here are multiple citations and sources.”

“But none of these sources or citations exist.”

7 Likes

9 Likes

You know I’ve been asking this question of database suppliers/publishers who do have access to all that stuff, make their living from it, and unsurprisingly their answers have been worthless.

Because as it stands it not only doesn’t provide correct references, it is incapable of doing so, like a visual diffusion rendering text in a fake poster it only looks like words if you squint. If you look closely, it’s not words, nor are the articles or journals. Which makes me unsympathetic to academics who think they would give top marks to generative LLMs.

They can do in text citations (as an aside: make page numbers mandatory for in text citations, it’s poor practice not to) which have a good chance of being correct.

2 Likes