You can call me AI

Weird robot breaks down in middle of House of Lords hearing on AI art

A freaky-looking humanoid robot wearing dungarees and named Ai-Da became the first machine to speak at a House of Lords committee hearing on AI art this week.

[…]

5 Likes

Always a favorite!

Hey look, it’s an Ikea Snickers bar:

4 Likes

Looks to me like image generation has hit the chum link sites. Maybe a long time ago, but the first I’ve seen. Their ‘okay at a glance but weirdly off’ nature is going to be perfect for those ads.

5 Likes

His ear is the least of his concern.

2 Likes
9 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

AI is putting imaginary Canadians out of jobs.

she-lives-in-canada

6 Likes

13 Likes
2 Likes

There’s a movie script in there somewhere.

2 Likes

All hail Lars!

5 Likes

3 Likes

The website I use to power my Director’s Cut generator has recently added the ability to generate images from text, using a variant of Stable Diffusion. Pairing the madlibs style of the generator with the AI image creation has led to some wonderful discoveries.

The Lost Boys, as directed by Robert Zemeckis

The John Hughes version of the Exorcist

Night of the Living Dead directed by Dorothy Arzner

6 Likes

Enterprises are rolling out more AI – to ‘middling results’

Many organizations are struggling with artificial intelligence deployments despite believing that AI will be critical to business success over the next five years, according to a report by Deloitte.

The 5th Edition of Deloitte’s State of AI in the Enterprise report is based on a survey of 2,620 business leaders from organizations around the globe, all of whom are responsible for AI technology spending or managing its implementation.

[…]

3 Likes
2 Likes

A website dedicated to victims of COVID-19 in the U.S. used the generated photos to illustrate the massive impact that the coronavirus had on the country. 535,000 faces were generated, each one representing a person who died of the disease.

So, all those people who died of COVID were fake! /s

4 Likes
2 Likes

I was going to say I had a hunch too many corp’ns deploy AI to save money (replace people) rather than to do things better or do new things of value. But it was only a hunch (possibly based on my experience of most large corp’ns).

So I read the article. My hunch might have some basis in truth, it seems.

…it might also suggest that organizations are too focused on AI projects for cost savings instead of the “transformational opportunities” that AI can offer.

They really need to start thinking about new things they can do. Cutting costs does not increase a company’s value or success in the long term.

3 Likes
5 Likes