You can call me AI

If I read that right it’s a Japanese novel set in the near future about AI and the LLM would most likely have been used to assist with AI output in the novel. They say it’s “verbatim” so that seems to be the most likely use: AI producing AI reading text.

1 Like

Apparently, they used an AI to separate the singing from the original song so they could create a new stereo mix of it.

Stem separation is a normal application of machine learning and has been for years. They’ve just started banging on about AI for bog standard production techniques because hype is hype.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Confused For Real GIF

2 Likes

Yes. See also Steganography.

2 Likes

Looks familiar…

1 Like

Much like a certain former President.

3 Likes

Came to post this. I found her work in 2007-ish, and I love it.

2 Likes
3 Likes

She’s great and very cool too… I met her and Mr. Chen when they came to town with their punk band and played in an Eritrean restaurant just outside the city… It was a fun and strange night! They shared their food with me! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

The guy who runs the org supposedly set up to develop “safe” A.I. for humans doesn’t seem to understand either of them

2 Likes
1 Like
5 Likes

Ashley Beauchamp, the hero we need.
Ye gods this is hilarious:

ETA:

@sqlrob

Coca Cola Coke GIF by LIMESODA Interactive Marketing GmbH

1 Like

Smbc Sonnet 2

Fortunately as far as I can tell nobody is actually working on developing intelligence, just training models to imitate scraped data. If you’ve ever made up a new idea – even a really dumb one – then congratulations, you’ve outperformed Sam Altman’s version of AI.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Copied from another list that itself linked to a second hand article pointing to this Vice article that attempts to summarize a non-peer reviewed paper linked below, which I now dutifully copy. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

https://archive.ph/dSDat

1 Like