You can call me AI

Certainly here is some bullshit dressed up as peer reviewed science:

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&q=“certainly%2C+here+is”+-LLm+-ChatGPT+&btnG=

Worth noting that not written papers accepted into not edited journals are not a new phenomenon.

ETA
Some of these are the kinds of things I use LLMs for: tidying up data and reformatting messy stuff. Some are for helping with English. But some of these… well some that I have looked at would make me worried.

That said on the first couple of pages I saw only one article which had been cited which used “AI” fraud (to pretend scholarship they didn’t have. Which is absurdly common anyway. I remember finding an article incorrectly cited in an influential writer’s work and searching for the wrong citation and noticing that it was FAR more prevalent than the correct citation.

2 Likes

6 Likes

At least it’s polite.

7 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like

ByteDance “has been unwilling before to seriously entertain a divestment,” said Justin Sherman, chief executive of Washington-based research and advisory firm Global Cyber Strategies. “When this came up previously, the Chinese government said it would block a sale.”

1 Like

XcyQ8QK_d

14 Likes

Colin Jost Shrug GIF by Saturday Night Live

2 Likes

I think that Behind the Bastards 4 episode series called “The Terrible Secret of Steve Jobs” makes a good case for blaming Steve Jobs for that.

1 Like

Yeah, well, Dr. Miles Bennet Dyson comes across more as “the researcher with a thirst for knowledge” than “cynical businessman who is in it for the money and the power”. (Rather Woz than Jobs if you will.)

(Then again the Dyson character is played by Joe Morton. I like Joe Morton. Splendid actor.)

I think our tech industry has reached the point where any Woz-types are just human resources to be hired and fired to control stock prices, and it’s all run by Jobs-types, only without any of his better aspects. :frowning:

Then again Terminator 2: Judgment Day is from 1991.

3 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes
6 Likes

Have We Reached Peak AI?

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

7 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like

I’m not going to read it. What is it about this GPU that specifically could “control humanoid robots”? Is it designed to fit in their fingers or something? Does it have a C3PO voice chip as part of it? Is it just random words of marketing dribble?

4 Likes