You can call me AI

Hah, phenomenal

6 Likes

Bollocks. Always bollocks.

It’s never for the quality, it’s always for the mass firings.

I spent nearly a month in hospital with one of my daughters last year and nothing the doctors, nurses, health care assistants, sanitation and housekeeping staff, catering people, hospital school, etc. etc. could be even potentially improved by spending money on AI rather than people.

The ward we were on was very well staffed and I understand that our health system struggles to keep people because of overwork and burnout and nurses regularly emigrate for better conditions.

Let’s spend a bucket of techbro cash on fixing that real problem rather than a made up one.

7 Likes

-sigh- you know whos gonna pay…

Data mining is driving demand in Texas, where bitcoin and other crypto miners have requested the equivalent of roughly 41 new nuclear power plants to power their energy-intensive computer processes to generate the cryptocurrency.

The growth of data centers, overall, including crypto, is pushing power demand up worldwide. A recent International Energy Agency report says the amount of electricity needed for the centers could double by 2026.

1 Like

Did you see this dystopian video that Cyberdyne Systems Nvidia just put out? It looks like they want to replace surgeons too, not just nurses.

4 Likes

of course they want. will be a lot of fun, when the “surgeon” starts to hallucinate some bad things in your skull while cutting in your open brain.

1 Like

3 Likes

… I can’t find links to specific episodes but there was already a whole story arc about that on “Chicago Med” last year

( i guess it’s not a surprise that professional fiction writers are concerned about all this and following developments very closely )

Source

5 Likes

“For example, in a cybersecurity setting if one AI unit identifies a threat, it can quickly share knowledge and prompt a collective response—much like how the human immune system protects the body from outside invaders. …”

More like: if one AI unit identifies a threat, then a massive collective response to exploit that threat for fun and profit is the next step, kind of like the human criminal gangs exploit car theft weaknesses or vulnerabilities of humans to deception.

I’m having one of those “do they hear themselves” moments…

5 Likes

There’s like at least 4 different threads I could have thrown this post into, but since it’s a AI powered robot

14 minute long video well spent calling out bullshit, along with calling out Google and Apple over how they could undercut third party AI apps

1 Like
3 Likes
2 Likes

hollywood darlings talk to the hand GIF by Pop TV

3 Likes
2 Likes

Angry Work GIF

1 Like

talk-to-the-hand-terminator

shitty ai startup takes inspiration from shitty movie with shitty ai-jokes from walking ai…

1 Like

Is Ai imagery not horror material? I say it fits the genre perfectly.

1 Like

Well so far, it is horrible.

2 Likes