You can call me AI

Experts say it won’t be long until we’re all vulnerable.

Except for the many of us who will come around to refusing to believe pretty much everything online.

Walk Away Hang Up GIF by Houston Dash

1 Like

Windows 10 asked me, again, if I wanted to try Copilot AI. Twice too many. (Surely it noticed the butchered remains of Cortana, the cratered directory where OneDrive was, on the way in to this machine that I own?)

I have W10 Pro, so the group policy edit worked, at least for now. If it happens again, I’ll use more radical methods.

4 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

6 Likes

I don’t need Ai to spot a homeless encampment.

4 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like
8 Likes

Tantrum Crying GIF

7 Likes
2 Likes

AI will revolutionize medicine forever they said ;

4 Likes

[The White House lays out extensive AI guidelines for the federal government (yahoo.com)]

3 Likes
6 Likes

9 Likes

We had an interesting talk given by the legal department. They claimed that studies showed that in situations where there was a bad medical outcome, if docs had an AI involved, patients were less likely to hold the doc responsible. Based on this, they are encouraging increased use of AI in medical decision making. I had felt like my job was relatively safe from AI-ification, but now i am thinking that was wrong. Maybe i can get to retirement before that happens, though? I am going to go plant in my garden today. Not gonna AI that any time soon.

8 Likes
3 Likes

Nobody needs AI to work out what to do about them either.

Every cent spent on municipal AI is a cent not spent on solving homelessness.

6 Likes

They said that with Watson ages ago. All that happened was that billions were pissed away on tech rather than on treating patients and the only real outcome was their personal data was sold on in a zombie company to private equity.

Spend money on doctors, nurses, hospitals, and making healthcare free. It neither needs nor even benefits at all from AI.

7 Likes

I wonder how easy it is on my phone to put that RAM hog to sleep.

2 Likes

Google says running AI models on phones is a huge RAM hog

Surprised Nicolas Cage GIF

5 Likes
3 Likes