You can now get on Bluesky without an invite code

Umm…totally on purpose was that. No lucky accident at all. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

So you’re a poet and you don’t even knowit!

2 Likes

I have signed up. Am Drhaggis there too.

I’m ycleptshawn over there.

https://archive.ph/o09Hr

1 Like

Well See Episode 7 GIF by Star Wars

In an interview with The Verge, Bluesky CEO Jay Graber also talks more about plans on how the Bluesky company can make money:

“While the AT Protocol is being opened up soon, the Bluesky company plans to make money via a variety of ways, including charging users for additional features in its app. It also plans to take a cut of purchases for things like custom feeds that developers will be able to charge for. Graber says work is also being done on a Cloudflare-like enterprise arm for helping others easily manage their own servers on the AT Protocol.”

And what if I write my own app, using the AT protocol, to provide those additional features?

It sounds like they want to drive their big money truck under the 11foot8 bridge. Let’s see how that works out for them.

1 Like

I’m not on Bluesky so I don’t know: what is their business model if they are not ad-supported? Are they selling user data or charging for subscriptions? The only thing mentioned that article is the opportunity to buy custom domain names, and that seems like a pretty limited potential revenue source.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.