"You chose the wrong person!" Oklahoma Rep tells cops he has a special card that prevents them from arresting him for public drunkenness

Originally published at: "You chose the wrong person!" Oklahoma Rep tells cops he has a special card that prevents them from arresting him for public drunkenness | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Christ, what an asshole.

25 Likes

Oklahoma Rep: “What’s the point in having a law if people like me can’t be above it?”

32 Likes

When Davis asked the officer to read a card in his wallet and call the sergeant, the officer revealed that he was, in fact, a sergeant.

“Do you know who I am?” “No. Do you know who I am?”

No points for guessing which party this arsehole belongs to. Which leads naturally to…

… Wilhoit’s Law making yet another appearance.

15 Likes

“I don’t answer to T.J.” Even if he did, we all know that T.J. would do the right thing.

21 Likes

“If thish ishn’t the legishlature then why did that guy behind the counter just try to get me to sign a bill? GOTCHA, YOU SUMBICH.” (Collapses)

22 Likes

ron-i-have-a-permit

9 Likes

Sounds like they need a breathalyzer at the legislature.

10 Likes

I think this is one of those bars with a joke name to “throw people off the scent”, like The Library, or Dave’s. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

You’re reading too much into @Brainspore’s joke. I can’t see anything in the news reports about the name of the bar.

Davis did claim that he could not be arrested while the Legislature was in session.

Police have released additional footage from the Bricktown arrest Thursday of Oklahoma state Rep. Dean Davis, R-Broken Arrow, that shows him continue to insist officers were constitutionally prohibited from arresting him while the Legislature is in session.

3 Likes

This is some of the only good copaganda.

3 Likes

My response was meant to be a joke…

Gordon Ramsay Facepalm GIF by Masterchef

6 Likes

19 Likes

How very republican of the gentleman. Anyone should know laws are about stopping lib’s not spoiling a republican gentleman from being a flaming asshat.

7 Likes

The mugshot, those eyes…

Creeping me out man!

2 Likes

I Know Right GIF

It’s like “Who am I gonna murder when I’m free”.

4 Likes

“Skinny Slim’s” seems to be the bar name. It’s right there in the video

1 Like

Is that like Jack Rabbit Slim’s? I hear they do have good shakes.

1 Like

1 Like

He was depressed because a strange ridged-forehead guy blew up his grain silo.

2 Likes