In a secretly recorded video, GOP Oregon lawmaker tells protesters how he will help them enter closed state Capitol

Originally published at: In a secretly recorded video, GOP Oregon lawmaker tells protesters how he will help them enter closed state Capitol | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Arrest him.

68 Likes

Yeah, all that double speak really confused us, representative dingleberry. We had no clue that you meant all those hypotheticals you spewed, or that that was a real number!

Like @Mindysan33 said: arrest this asshole.

36 Likes

Soooo … I guess he thinks that gives him plausible deniability? I’m surprised he didn’t speak it in pig Latin.

36 Likes

so, since that scenario did not even get discussed or actually occur, i now completely believe that no reps on the national level did or did not have similar conversations of events that couldn’t or wouldn’t happen on january 6th at the capitol in DC. because it is obvious that no elected official would take part in anything like that. got it.

17 Likes

So who recorded it, and who released it now? (He should still be arrested and charged, just curious who has the knives out for him…)

8 Likes

He’s now planning Operation Go to Jail with his lawyer. Hypothetically of course.

14 Likes

Oregon state lawmaker Rep. Mike Nearman (R)

tenor-9

18 Likes

Maybe it was people who cared about democracy? :woman_shrugging:

25 Likes

He did not expect some idiotic yahoo to actually record him saying it. Luckily for us, these criminals like to document their criminality.

13 Likes

That is some damning evidence.

14 Likes

Well, joke’s on the normal citizen because it doesn’t sound like this guy got charged according to how evil this effort was.

5 Likes

I’ll bet he thought phrasing it all in that weird way was a legitimate form of plausible deniability.

And I’ll bet a judge says otherwise.

12 Likes

“But I don’t know anything about that, I don’t have anything to do with that, and if I did I wouldn’t say that I did.”

Do people think talking like this somehow absolves them of a crime? Are those people 5 years old?

14 Likes

It’s not a putsch without some co-operative right-wing politicians from “respectable” parties.

Adding to the other voices: arrest this seditious scumbag. As a bonus, he’s obviously too stupid to write a book about “his struggle” while he’s in the pokey.

11 Likes

I would’ve thought he’d be smart enough to use an intern’s phone. Or buy a burner.

5 Likes

the thing is, i’m 100% willing to bet that he’s not alone. there’s others in congress who were aiding them in this. we need more video of stuff like this to come to light.

16 Likes

20 Likes

Yes. This is why they are stuck in state houses. A real pro would have announced the plan with a megaphone on TV, then when asked about it, deny they did it, while also saying that since they didn’t try to hide it, it is obviously OK. That’s the kind of treason that gets you into to freedom caucus.

14 Likes

my guess is it was one of the people that called a random number and said some random thing while at a random location and then happened to end up breaking into a government building, you know…randomly, by accident…

“what i am going to jail, …but the congressman basically told me to do it…what? i have to prove it to make a deal and go to jail for less time, here have this video!”

4 Likes